Part 14, Thievery

Kacy's pov (going back to the past, I know it's been a while)
After living with them for a while I've settled in. It's been almost six months since I saw Korra. I mean, I miss her, and my family, but these people are nice. I think I'll be okay, maybe in the future I'll help Korra. Of course I'll tell her all about this, but I can't go back until the red lotous is captured. Hopefully the white lotous will be able to stop them.

"Sweetie, It's time for dinner! Please come down!" Yay, mom's cooking is amazing. Well actually I guess she's my adoptive mom, but still, she treats me like she's my real mom. "Coming!" I shout back as I hurry down the stairs. I'm so glad mom doesn't buy food from the shop that's across the street. Their buisness is a really crappy fruit stand. There is also so many of them! I have no clue how they can make money, the fruit stand is so crappy nobody would even want to steal from it.

Going downstairs I realize that something feels off. I know I'm not even a teenager yet, but I still think I'm mature for my age. Why does something feels so off. Pausing to look around I see nothing. I'm probably just being paranoid but I feel like someone is watching me. "Mom! What did you make for dinner?" I shout, glancing around again. No answer. What's up? Mom always answers me. "Mom!" I shout one more time, she probably just didn't hear me. "Mom! Why aren't you answering me?!" Oh no! What's going on? Mom might be in trouble! Where is she? Probably the kitchen.

Just as I'm about to head to the kitchen to find mom I hear something behind me. What was that noise? Please let it be the wind. Please let it be the wind. "You're not going to stop us girly." I hear from behind me as someone grabs my hands. He tied them behind my back! I need my hands to bend! Crap! How am I going to get out of this? The guy, who I still couldn't see, brought me to the kitchen. He then proceeded to sit me on the chair next to mom. Mom just glanced at me with panicked eyes, since she couldn't talk, thanks to the cloth they stuffed in her mouth to keep her quiet.

After they finished robbing us, and raiding our house they left. After a few more minutes of wriggling I'm able to get my hands free. I untie mom, and ask, " Who were they? What did they want?" "Well, sweetie, they um, well they take things from other people for money." "Oh! They buy stuff for money! How do they get money from buying stuff?" Mom is very confusing, how can people get money from buying stuff? "Sweetie, they don't buy stu- you know what? You'll understand it more when you're older, go grab what's left of your stuff. We're going to move to republic city. There's nothing left for us here." "Okay mom, I'll be down in a bit! Wait, isn't republic city the place with the giant statue of avatar Aang?" If it is, then I'll be able to see Korra's past life when I look out at the ocean. Well technically he's mine and Korra's past life.

I figured it out! The reason the people came and took all of the stuff is because I'm here. I bring trouble everywhere I go. I bet the reason the red lotous got into my old house is because of my bad luck. Korra's going to have so much trouble because she's the avatar, I don't want to bring her any more trouble. I got it! If I stay away from Korra then my bad luck won't reach her! I just need to stay away from my twin. Wait! That's going to be so hard! Hopefully I won't give up and go near her, then she'll be in more trouble.