Part 26, Are You Ready

Kacy's pov
"Mom, can you come over?" I asked her as we were walking through the city. The people bustling around the city were kind of relaxing to see, in a strange way. Mom had seen my break down, and how bad I was this morning when I came over to visit, and so she had decided I needed a break. So we went shopping at a clothing store, and went to a restaurant for some food. Now we're just wandering around the city talking.

"Ya, of course I can sweetie. I bet you're going to need to go to Airtemple Island soon though." Mom told me, being as kind as ever. She's always been a gentle woman, caring about and loving everyone around her, even when they might not deserve it. It's one of her best qualities, but she always says that she isn't being any kinder than a normal person would be.

"They're going to hate me-" Arms wrap around me before I can finish the sentence.

"Nobody could hate you Kacy, you're amazing." Mom says to me, still hugging me. She always knows just what I need to hear. Whenever I was little and scraped my knee, or had a nightmare she would be the first to tell me that everything is going to be all right. And even now, it was calming to be with her, I guess I can hope for the best.

It's time to face my destiny, all I can do is hope that my family will accept me.

A few hours later

They're not going to like me, they're going to hate me! Walking around my house is all I can do to calm my nerves, but now I've gotten thinking about my birth family again, and guess what!? They're going to hate me, I left without so much as a goodbye, and now they think I'm evil! Korra was the only one implying it, but I know they all feel the same way, they always have, it's so obvious now. Korra was the only one brave enough to admit it, but they all feel like that.

Sue didn't tell them because she didn't want to hurt me. I'm a wimp, and she knew that. She was feeling sympathy, it's liking kicking a puppy, she didn't tell them because I'm just a defenseless creature. Lin was polite on the outside, but I could practically see her eyes seeting with rage, she hates me too! And let's not even mention my birth parents, they were probably so relieved to have found out that they don't have to deal with me anymore. The only reason they looked hurt is probably because they felt bad for the people who have and still are looking after me now, my parents.

Do my parents hate me too? I really am just a burden to them, maybe I shouldn't have asked mom to wait with me, she probably has stuff a million times better that she could be doing.

Lin's pov
Senna wrung her hands as we waited for Jinora to get back, even though she only left moments ago. Jinora insisted she leave alone, and that we all wait here, which most of us were very opposed to, but she eventually convinced us. She told us that if we didn't stay here she wouldn't get Kacy at all, so here we are waiting for her to return even though she just left.

The silence in the room is only making Tonraq more nervous, evident through the fact his insistent pacing was getting more and more aggressive. It's still such a shock to me, that that polite little kid was ever thought to be a threat, she's so shy and timid.

"I can't believe we're just sitting here waiting for her to come waltzing in! We all know she's a threat, she hid from us, what would a good person have to gain from hiding from us!" Korra shouts, she's always been a bit of a hot head.

"Korra, when you were kids you both loved eachother, you would've done anything for her, and she would've done anything for you. I'm sure she has a good reason." Senna tells Korra, she always says something to try and keep the peace, and for once I don't disagree with what she's trying to say.

"That girl has been through a lot, don't worry I bet she has a good reason for what she's doing." Suyin backs up Senna. She's willing to imply she knows more, but you have to freaking blow up at her for her to respond with a 'oh no, I have to ask permission before talking'. That's kind of unfair to everbody else, I was told what went on, but I'm not going around flaunting it.

"Well still, we don't know how she's changed since then!" Korra seeths, she was raging so bad you could practically see the steam coming out of her ears.

Kacy's adpotive mom's pov
"Are you sure you're ready?" I ask Kacy, even though she's already started following her friend out the door, me closely behind them. She's always overthinking things, and this situation has been no exception. She told me she thinks they'll hate her, which is crazy, she always does what she thinks is best for others, even if it ends up hurting her. I'm so sad to see her this upset over what people think, but I guess it's understandable with this being her family and all, after all who wouldn't want their family to love them. I just hope her heart doesn't get broken today, after all avatar Korra is known to be hot headed and impulsive, and althought that may save lives, that may break Kacy's heart.

Author's note
I was looking through my all my books' views, votes, and ratings, and something caught my eye! If you look at the top of the chapter there's a screenshot of the rankings of this book. As of Sunday May 3, 2020, this book is at second place in the catagory #avatarthelegendofkorra that's absolutely mind blowing to me, so I just want to say thanks to all of you reading, voting and commenting, it means so much to me. I can't wait to finish this story, and that's coming soon. I was wondering if any of you wanted any specific ending or epilogue to this story, if you do please leave a comment below or DM me. Thanks again for reading, hope you enjoyed this chapter!