Part 9, The Promise

Suyin/sue's pov, obviously in the present
That poor girl, Kacy's her name I guess, I feel so bad. The worst part is I promised not to tell anyone anything about what she told me, hence I can't tell them she's good, everyone is so worried about Korra's safety that I'm like her personal escort/bodyguard everywhere. It can't be Lin, everyone would know something is up if Korra is seen everywhere with the cheif of republic city police, same goes for Tenzin, which leaves me to watch Korra. They think Kacy is most likely a threat, I hope Kacy will feel comfortable enough to tell them someday.

As we walked out of the cafe that Kacy works at, Korra asked me what took so long, but luckily Asami saved me by making a joke about how Korra was worried. We finally got back to air temple island, it took a while because we did other stuff around republic city, but I was to worried about Kacy, and everyone thinking she might be an enemy, so I don't remeber that much. When we get back we all go into a private room with a map of republic city on the table, and they start discussing how to find Kacy, I'm not very good at lying, because I didn't have much reason to lie until now. So of course I keep quite, not talking means I'm not lying. But, after a few minutes Lin says, "Sue, are you alright, you seem a bit off for some reason?" Of course I start panicking, but I pull myself together and say, "Yeah, sorry, just a bit of a busy day today." "Alright." Lin says, though I can tell she didn't believe me.

After planning they had a bit of an idea on how to find Kacy. Since everyone was so hungry after planning we had dinner, and went to our rooms. I just walking in and sat on my bed, what an over whelming day. Of course since Lin didn't believe I was fine earlier she came into my room to get an actual answer. "Sue, tell me what's wrong, I know somethings up!" Lin almost yelled when she came in. "Lin, I'm sorry but I can't tell you, please don't tell anyone about this." I say hoping she will believe me. Lin, since she won't give up so easily, asks, "Why can't you tell me Sue?" "Lin," I say, while tapping my hand on the bed, "nothings wrong I just promised I wouldn't tell anyone." "Because I'm just a random person, not like I'm your sister, who you're supposed to be able to tell everything." Lin said, goodness she is being really stubborn. "Lin, I'm sorry, but that poor little girl has been through so much she needs to feel comfortable telling people. I promised I wouldn't tell anyone and I'm sticking to my promise. I'm sorry if your mad about it."

I hope sweet little Kacy will tell them soon, I hate lying to Lin.