Part 16, Records

Jinora's pov
Well great, I don't think this will go over well. Dad thinks that Lin needs to come with me, I don't think she'll like that. Lin doesn't like getting told what to do, and she was just fighting with Sue, so of course she's already on edge. I hoep that this doesn't cause a big argument right now, I need to go to the library. Well, at least there's a bit of hope, I think Lin and Sue resolved their argument.

"What do you want Tenzin?" Lin practically snarls. "Jinora needs to go to the library to do some research right now, and since Kacy's on the loose we need to watch out." "How do you know her name?" Lin practically exclaims, I think she knows something more than she's been letting on. "Lin, Korra's parents told us her name when they explained why someone who looks like Korra was there. How else would I know her name?" "Well, I uh, well I just didn't remeber is all." Lin stuttered, she definitely knows something. "Well come on Jinora, we can't take all day. A police chief has a lot of work. Escourting airbenders to the library isn't really a part of the job description, but I guess I'll make an exception." "Thanks Lin, I really want Jinora to be safe, now be back in time for dinner." Dad says, I swear he's too overprotective. "Ya dad. We'll be back before dinner!"

The hard part will be getting Lin to leave me alone long enough to look through the library's catalogue. Maybe she used her card recently and she'll be near the top of the list. Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself, she may not have a library card. Nevermind, shame on me for thinking someone could live without a library card, she has to have one.

"Hey, I need to look up here, why don't you go look around for your own books to check out." I tell Lin, maybe she'll just listen, and go look. "Ya, I guess, just call me over if anything happens." Wow! That was way easy, she must have something on her mind. Maybe it's the secret she's keeping from us.

Looking through the system took less time than I thought it would. A girl named Kacy Yu checked out a book recently, and even though the last name comes from the earth kingdom it's worth a shot. I hope that this leads me to her, if it does then maybe she'll tell me the truth. Although people are wild cards, you never really know how they'll react, it may take a while for me to find out what's going on with her.