Part 7, A New Life

Kacy's pov (in the past again)
As soon as I was out of sight from their car, I went underground. In this hot desert I can't be above ground I'll get way to dehydrated, and since I saw the outline of a village I know where to go. I need to hurry, so that I'm not in the desert at night, way to cold. As I'm bending the sand and dirt out of the way I can feel my palms getting sweaty, and the tears pricking at my eyes. I'll never be able to go home, ever. What is awaiting me in the city, will I live on the streets, or will someone take me in? As I near the city I go back to the surface, I don't want to make a tunnel under a building, that might make it collapse. As I'm heading to the surface he world is spinning around me, why is it spinning, and why is it getting darker? Am I dying or is this just a weird part of the city? Why can't I walk straight, oh my legs are wobbling, it's probably because everything is spinning. I'm almost at the city, maybe if I just take a quick nap the world will stop spinning.

Waking up I realize that I'm in a small house, lying on the floor in a random stranger's house. I woke up and saw a woman that was putting a cold wet cloth on my forehead. When she could tell that I was awake she asked if I remebered anything. Of course I can't tell her about my family, or she'll take me back to them, I need to pretend to not remember. "No, I don't remember anything." I say, my lip trembling, and tears about ot fall from my eyes. "Oh, it's okay sweetie, you can stay with us if you want." She said, clearly thinking that I was sad because I couldn't remember. "Could I please?" I asked, I hope she'll say yes, otherwise I'll just need to live on the streets. "Of course you can!" She exclaimed, she seems genuinly happy about it. I hope that I won't be a burden to her, and the rest of her family.