Chapter 17

Adam

I saw Courtney skate off the ice. I skated over to Coach. "What did you tell her?" I asked. Coach stared at me.

"She might have to go to the Hawks team." Coach replied with a straight face. I stared at him, then I shook my head, looking up.

I skated over to the exit of the ice rink. I walked over to the locker room. I walked in and saw Courtney on the bench with her face in her hands.

I sat down on the bench next to her. She looked at me, her beautiful green eyes all watery from crying. Her bright smile; gone. I saw a tear fall from her eye, and she fell into my shoulder, hugging me. I hugged her back.

"I don't wanna go to the Hawks. I wanna stay with the Ducks." I hugged her tighter.

"That won't happen." I said. But the thing was, I wasn't sure. I wasn't sure if Courtney was going to stay on the team. She might leave, but I don't wanna but that in her mind.

________________________

We were all in the locker room, and Courtney wasn't here yet. Maybe she's late. I got my jersey and put it on. I saw Coach walk in. "Hi guys." He sighed in a really sad voice.

"Hi Coach." Charlie said unsurely. We all stared at Coach as he walked in and faces us, putting his head down and his hands on his waist. He started to shake his head softly.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Coach looked up at me. He closed his eyes.

"I tried. I really did..." Coach stated. It looked like he was trying to hold back tears..

"What happened?" Connie asked. Coach opened his eyes and looked at Connie. Coach sighed.

"Courtney is a Hawk now."