Chapter 66

Courtney

We went inside the building that was holding the award ceremony. I sat down in the front row with Adam and Ocean. The ceremony is going to start in a couple minutes. I looked at Ocean. "Good luck." I said. She smiled.

"Thanks." Ocean said. Then, I remembered Keith.

"Oh, and my step-brother said hi." I said. Ocean smiled.

"Tell him I said hi too." Ocean said. I smiled and nodded. "What's his name?"

"Keith." I replied. Ocean nodded. The lights dimmed and a man came up to the podium.

"Hello and welcome to the 17th annual awards ceremony!" The man yelled. Everyone cheered. "My names Jay Wilson and I'll be your host for tonight."

"Okay, let's start. Look, I never won a award and I never will. When I was little and started to act in TV shows and movies, I would go to award shows but never win, so what my mom used to do was get a trophy my older bother didn't want anymore, like one of those cheep little trophies for soccer and baseball games, and she would get a sharpie and cross out everything and put 'Jay Wilson: best kid actor.'." Jay said. We all cracked up on that. He started to laugh too."Anyway," he continued, he coughed to control himself, "enough of me, let's get these awards out. For best young singer, the candidates were... Ocean Jewell."

It showed Ocean singing one of her famous songs, "Just Me and You". "Jayson Young." It showed Jayson singing at the ice rink when we played that hockey game. "And Skii Gus." He said. It showed a video of Skii singing with another singer named Robin Wind.

A girl in a black dress came out with a envelope. "Thanks Sue." Jay opened the envelope. Ocean grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "The winner of the Youngest Singer award is...... Ocean Jewell!" He cheered. I looked at Ocean and she was in complete shock. I stood up with her and hugged her. Then, she hugged Luis and kissed him. She went up the stairs and went to the podium. Jay handed her the award. She started to cry.

"Oh my gosh." Ocean sighed. She looked at the award. Then at everyone. "I wanna thank all my fans. I seriously wouldn't be here if it wasn't for y'all. And I wanna thank my grandma for gettin' me here. It was her that got me into singin'. I wanna thank my manager and um," She paused. "everyone that help me with my schedule because of you know me, I forget a lot of things." We all started to laugh. "And I wanna thank Team USA. They are staying at my grandma's house with me and they are so nice and kind to me. But, who I really wanna thank is my cousin, Courtney Jane. Come up Courtney." She said.

I got up with the biggest smile. I started to walk up the stairs to the podium. Once I got up to the podium, I went up to her and hugged her. I went to the microphone.

"I'm so proud of Ocean right now. It's unreal to have Ocean as a cousin. I haven't known Ocean that long because I just met her because I never knew she was my cousin, but, we bonded like crazy and now it's like we have known each other for years. And she feels like a sister to me." I explained. I started to cry. I wiped my tears. "I love you Ocean, for being there for me, always." She hugged me again. Everybody awed, but I didn't mind. We let go and went down together.