Chapter 99

Courtney

Everyone is here. Family, friends, the team. Everyone. I was in the backstage of the stage in the chapel with Ocean and the band. I was going over what part was which with me a Ocean. It goes like this: Ocean sings the first part of the song, then chorus, then me, and then I get the chorus, then we both sing together at the end. I was really nervous. I was going to sing in front of the whole church with Ocean.

Everyone was starting to sit down at then benches. I was getting nervous. I didn't know how many friends and family Keith had. He had a lot. I backed up and looked at Ocean.

"I don't know if I can do this." I implied. Ocean smiled.

"Don't worry. You'll do great." She said. I nodded. The Pastor came in to the backstage.

"You guys ready?" He asked. We nodded. "Great. Follow me." Me and Ocean followed him out to the stage. There was two barstools, microphones, and a guitar on a stand. I looked up and there was about fifty people. I looked at Ocean. She was looking out at everybody.

"Hello. I'm Paster John and we are here to share the life of Keith Lane- Jane. Before we start. We have a performance performed my Keith's step-sister, Courtney Jane, and her cousin, Ocean Jewell." Paster John announced. He looked at us and nodded, then walked down to the front bench. Ocean looked at me.

"You know how to play guitar?" He asked. I nodded. "Great." We walked over to the barstools and she grabbed the guitar. She handed it to me. I got it and we climbed onto the chairs.

"Hey guys, I'm Courtney and this is my cousin Ocean. I wanna thank all of y'all for coming out to Keith's funeral. This song is for Keith." I said. I looked up to the ceiling. "Hope ya like it." I looked back. I started to play. I haven't played in forever.