Chapter 44

Adam

Later, Charlie, Courtney and I were all in the mini bowling ally. I suck at bowling, so I was losing. Courtney was winning. "Wow Jane, you're good." I said. She was getting a ball.

"Thanks. I used to play with Dawn when I was younger." Courtney said. We went up and let go of the bowling ball.

Strike! We all clapped. She turned to us and started to bow. "Thank you! Thank you! You're to kind." We started laughing. I heard someone come over the intercom.

"Hello. Grandma Paige here. Everyone, get ready to go shopping for fancying clothing for dinner tonight. The butlers will take you shopping. Girls, meet in the living room, boys, in on the porch. Thank you and see you soon." Mrs. Jewell said.

"Guess we have to finish later." Charlie implied. We all got up and started to go to where we were supposed to go. We got to the front door. "Bye Courtney." Charlie said.

"Bye Jane."

Courtney

"Bye guys." I said. I walked over to the living room. Elijah, Connie, and Julie were there.

"Hey Courtney, you ready?" Elijah asked. I nodded, but I couldn't really see him that well. He was a little blurry, but I smiled.

"Yep. Let's go."

___________________________

We walked in and saw a huge selection of dresses. It was beautiful. I never got to go shopping for dresses before. "Come on, Courtney." Connie said. I followed them.

They got to a section and started to pick off dresses off the hangers. They were all beautiful. I walked around a little. Then, I found the one. It was beautiful. It was... was... I couldn't see the color. It looked a little blurry.

"Hey Connie." I called Connie over. Connie came over to me and saw the dress.

"Oh, Courtney that's beautiful." She said.

"Does it look blurry to you?" I asked. She looked at it again.

"No. Courtney, I think your loosing your vision." Connie suggested. I shook my head and looked at her.

"Oh no. I can't. We have a hockey game tomorrow." Elijah came over with Julie and Ocean.

"What's wrong?" Elijah asked.

"She's loosing her vision." Connie blurted. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, let's take you to a eye doctor to get glasses." Elijah said.

"Fine." We walked over to the cashier and paid for our dresses. We walked to the eye doctor around the block. We walked in.

"Hello. My names Crystal. Welcome to Dr. James Eye Care." She said. I kind of let out a weep when she mentioned the name James. Connie put her arm around me.

"Hi, we need to get her eyes checked." Elijah said.

"Okay, you can go into that room." Crystal said, pointing at the first room to the left.

"Thanks." Elijah said. I saw Crystal check out Elijah. She was really pretty. Blonde hair, long and wavy.

She was kind of pale, and she had the prettiest eyes. Blue and brown. He smiled. We walked into the room.

"So, I guess you like her?" Ocean asked. Elijah looked at Ocean.

"What?" Elijah asked.

"We saw her check you out and you smiled at her." I added in. Elijah smiled and looked at her again.

"I have seen her around. Very nice and beautiful. I never got the chance to talk to her." Elijah confessed.

"You got a chance. Talk to her when Courtney gets glasses." Ocean said.

"If I do." I cut in. I don't want glasses. I don't like glasses. I look horrible in glasses. I saw a young looking guy come in.

"Hello, my name is Dr. James. Who is the one getting their eyes checked." He asked.

"Me." I replied, raising my hand slightly.

"Hello, what's your name? And can you sit in the chair?" He asked.

"Courtney Jane." I introduced. I got up and went to the chair.

"Wait, Courtney Jane, the hockey player, Courtney Jane?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and shook it. "Huge fan of yours and your team." I smiled.

"Thanks." I said.

"Okay, let's get this exam started..."

___________________________

I was in the room by myself. The girls took Elijah out to go talk to Crystal. Dr. James came in. "Hi, Ms. Jane. It looks like you need glasses." He said. I sighed.

"Okay..."

Dammit.

"Follow me to pick out your frame." Dr. James said. I got up and followed him. It was a wall filled with frames. I walked around.

I found a really cool looking one. It was black. I got it off and tried it on. I kind of looked good in it. "Find your choice?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Yeah." He took them from my hands.

"Okay, sit in this chair for fitting."