Chapter 90

Courtney

We are now in the boarding area of the airport. We were sitting in the chairs waiting to get on the plane. So many people came by and asked for pictures, autographs, and to say congrats to. Mostly me because I did the winning shot. I'm already seeing dots in my eyes from the camera flashes. "Flight forty-four to Minnesota is now boarding." The flight attendant announced.

"Finally." I said under my breath. Coach handed out the tickets so we could finally get on. We lined up and gave the lady our tickets so she could ring it up, then gave it back. We went down the walkway and into the pit. We went to first class. I was trying to find my seat. "No..... No...... No....... Here it is." I said to myself. I went over to the window seat and sat down. I looked out the window. It was six in the morning and I wasn't even tried. I heard someone sit next to me. It was Coach.

"Hi Coach." I said. He looked at me.

"Hey Jane." Coach said. I was trying my best to get comfy in my seat, then I realized there was something in my back pocket.

"What the...." I mumbled. I reached in my back pocket and found a ring box. Aaron's ring box. I forgot to open it. I could I forget? I opened the box slowly and found a little promise ring inside and a note. I got the note and opened it.

Hey Courtney,

Congratulations on your big win. I was you at the game, but never got the chance to meet you there. I heard you were going back you home in Minnesota, then I realized you had a grandma and cousin who lives down here, so maybe if you come out to visit them, you can drop by the store and see me. I really hope to see you soon. I really do like you. Anyway, I gotta go. See you soon.

Love,
Aaron P. Wall

I smiled and closed the letter. I got the ring out and put it on. It was beautiful. I just loved it.

__________________________

I woke up to the plane landing on the runway. I got up from my face leaning against the cold window. I looked out and expecting a lot of snow, but there wasn't. There was barely any snow on the runway. I went over and woke up Coach. He started to wake up.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Coach, Coach I don't think this is Minnesota." I replied. He shot up and looked out the window.

"Oh no." He whispered. A flight attendant started to come by. "Excuse me, Miss?" Coach called out. The lady turned around.

"Yessir."

"Where are we at?" He asked.

"Why, we are in Dallas, Texas." She replied.

"Texas?!" Coach and I yelled.

"Yes. The Captain said that there was a huge snow storm in Minnesota and that we had to come down to Texas. I'm sorry, sir." She apologized. Then, she walked away.

"Coach, I can't be late for Keith. He going to die in a two days." I said.

"It's alright Courtney, we'll make it."