Chapter 35

Courtney

We started to split up into the teams. I went to my regular spot, center ice. Dwayne came in front of me. "Good luck." He said with a smile. I smiled. Coach came over with the puck.

"You too, you're gonna need it." Coach threw down the puck and Dwayne got it real quick. I felt a rush of air come behind me, it was Luis. I started to skate over to where the puck was.

Luis passed Dwayne and Dwayne passed the puck back to Luis. Luis got it and started to skate over to the goal. He tried to stop, but instead of stopping the right way, he fell right into Goldberg.

"Thanks for catching my fall." Luis said. He got up and started to skate over to the other side.

"Hey!" Goldberg screamed. He got up and skated over to Luis, nudging him. "Don't fall on me like that!" Luis turned around. Julie came over to get into the fight.

"At least he is a better hockey player then you." She snapped. I gasped.

"Hey! Don't say that to him! He's a better goalie then you." I snapped. I skated over next to Goldberg.

"Don't hold your breath, tiny. I have seen you play too. I know that you broke your rib." She said, hitting the side with her stick. I was pretending like it didn't hurt, even though it did, a lot.

Ever since I broke my rib, it's been really heard for me to move. Now it really hurts. Everyone started to fight, even me. I was screaming at Julie, Julie screaming at me.

I looked over and saw Adam and Dwayne fighting to. I heard them screaming my name in there arguments so I think they're fighting over me, but I kept on screaming at Julie. I heard a whistle blow.

"Hey!" I heard Coach scream. We all fell silent. "What the hell are you guys doing? You guys are a team! You guys need to work together and not fight with one another!" Coach snapped. Tibbles came over to Coach.

"Yeah guys! No fighting! You need to get out there and win!" He added. Coach rolled his eyes again. We all started to laugh.

"Okay guys, sprints!" Coach yelled. He lifted up his whistle up to his mouth.

"Yeah, sprints!" Tibbles yelled. He blew the whistle before Coach. Coach threw his hands in the air and rolled his eye. We started to laugh. Tibbles looked at Coach. "I'm sorry, you don't need me, I have to do something." He apologized. Tibbles started to walk away.

"Tibbles..." Coach said. Tibbles stopped. He looked at Coach. "Come on, hand it over." Tibbles took off his whistle and handed it to Coach. We all started to laugh. We started to get ready to do sprints.

"Courtney, is that your boyfriend?" I heard Connie ask. Her and Julie came skating over to me. I looked over and saw James walking up to the benches, then sit down.

"Yeah, that's him." I said. They stared at him in shock.

"I'm sorry, Courtney, to tell you this, and even though I have a boyfriend too, but he is hot." Connie stated. I started to giggle.

"Yeah, he is. He's from Sydney." I added in.

"Australia?" Julie asked in shock. I nodded.

"Yeah." We all sighed, then started to laugh.

_________________________

We were getting off all our gear and getting on our regular cloths. Adams locker was next to mine, again, and Dwayne locker was also next to mine.

Adam came and started to open his locker. "So, what have you been doing ever since the championships?" Adam asked without looking at me. I looked at him.

"Nothing much. I have been with James. My dad got married so two months were dedicated to helping my dad on his big day. Also helping my dad move into my step-moms house. I have also been hanging out with Keith a lot." I replied. He looked at me.

"Keith?" Adam asked as he shot me a confused look. I smiled.

"He's my step-brother. I have been bonding with him." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah. I haven't been doing anything. Just hanging with some friends. And some girls at my school came and started to flirt with me. I don't know. My heart belongs to one girl and one girl only." He stated. I smiled. I think he got over me, because I got over him, well, kind of. I closed my locker.

"Oh, what's this girls name?" I asked. He closed his locker too.

"Courtney Jane." I stared at him.

"Adam..." I sighed with disappointment. I didn't know what to say, so I left.

"Wait, Courtney!" Adam yelled. He followed me. I ignored him. I started to head for the front door.

"Courtney? Where you going?" I heard James ask. I stopped. I forgot he was here. I turned around. He walked to me and put his hands on my shoulders. "Courtney, are you okay?"

"Stafford!" Adam yelled. James turned around.

"Banks?" James asked. Adam came up to us. "Are you hurting my girl, mate?" Adam looked at him weird.

"Wait, you guys are dating?" Adam asked in shock. I looked down, not wanting to answer.

"Yeah, mate. Now, I'm gonna ask you again, are you hurting Courtney?" James asked again, but this time, more strictly.

"What?" Adam asked. James threw a punch at Adam, which knocked Adam down.

"James!" I screamed.

"Courtney, stay out of this!" James snapped.

"No! You just punched my friend!" I screamed. Adam got back up quickly from the ground and punched James.

"Adam!" I screamed.

"Dwayne! Hold Courtney back!" Adam demanded. I saw Dwayne come up and held me back.

"Let go of me!" I screamed. I started to try to get myself away from him, but his grip just grew tighter and tighter.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on and I don't want you to get hurt." Dwayne apologized. I looked over a saw them still fighting.

I saw Guy and Connie walking over. Guy saw them fighting and ran over and split them up. Dwayne let go of me. I ran over to them. They were both bleeding.

"I'm not goin' to talk to both you guys."