Chapter 45

Courtney

I walked out with the new glasses on. I saw Elijah talking to Crystal, Connie and Julie sitting on the couch watching the TV, and Ocean signing some autographs for the people walking in. They all looked at me.

"Wow, Courtney. You look really good in glasses." Ocean implied. I smiled.

"Thanks." I said, even though I know I don't. They all came up to me. "Are we ready to go?"

"Yep." Elijah said. He turned to Crystal. "I'll call you." She smiled. We all walked out.

"Where to next?" Julie asked.

"Haircuts." Elijah stated. "Then shopping for shoes and jackets." He continued. I nodded.

We walked to the saloon that was next door to the eye place. We walked in. An old lady looked at us.

"Oh, Ocean. Welcome back!" She yelled with joy. She came over and hugged her. She looked at us. "Why, isn't the girls from Team USA! Welcome. Now, how do you know Ocean?" She asked. They all looked at me.

"Courtney is my cousin." Ocean answered. The lady looked at her.

"And you never told me your cousin was a hockey player." She said, playfully putting her hands on her hips.

"Never knew. Grandma and me found her at the airport." Ocean explained. The old lady nodded.

"Okay. What can I help you today with?" The old lady asked. "Oh. And my names Jamie." Mrs. Jamie introduced.

"Haircuts please." Elijah answered.

"Okay, oh John! Come here please!" She yelled. A man came out.

"Yes, Grandma?" John asked.

"Please take care of Courtney, that's your name right?" Mrs. Jamie asked me. I nodded.

"Okay." I followed him to a chair and sat down. "What would you like?" He asked. I thought.

"Are you good at ombré?" I asked.

"Only the best." He said.

"I'll have that, then can you curl my hair?" I asked. He nodded.

"Okay, let's get started."

_________________________

"Okay, and the last one..." John said, grabbing a stipe of my hair and curling it. "There you go! You're all done." He handed me a hand held mirror to look at the back of my head. I was in so much shook.

"Wow... This is beautiful." I said, playing with my hair.

"Yep, and it's all free of charge." John insisted. I looked at him.

"Really?" I asked. John nodded.

"You're Team USA! I support your team." John explained. I smiled.

"Thank you so much." I got up and went to the girls and Elijah. Connie's got hers highlighted. Julie's got her hair to be a little bit shorter. And Ocean got her hair cut really short, like a boys hair do.

"Courtney, I love the ombré!" Connie yelled.

"Thanks, I love your hairstyle too!" I said.

"Okay, let's go."