Chapter 83

Courtney

Today's the Championships. Last day as Team USA. I was really nervous. We were all getting ready. Adam wasn't here since of his wrist. I was sitting on the bench. Dean came up to me and sat next to me. "Do this for Keith." He stated. I nodded.

"Good luck, Bash Brother." I said. He smiled. We fist bumped. I started to tie my skate. I heard someone charge into the locker room. I looked up and saw Adam. He didn't have his sling.

"Coach!" Adam yelled. Coach came over and looked at Adam.

"Banks?" Coach asked. We all stood up.

"I woke up, and the pain was gone." Adam said with excitement. He picked up his stick and started to rotate it with his wrist. I smiled. He can play!

"Adam, I'm sorry, you can't play." Coach said. I stopped smiling.

"What?" Adam asked.

"We have a full team." Coach explained. We all looked over at Russ. He started to take off his jersey, but Charlie held it so he wouldn't. Charlie walked up to them.

"He can have my spot." Charlie suggested.

"You don't have to do that." Adam said. Charlie looked at him.

"You need that scholarship more then I do." Charlie said. Adam put hand on Charlie's shoulder.

"Well, you don't have to be at the stands on this game, Charlie." Coach stated. We all looked at Coach.

"What?" Charlie asked. Coach gave Charlie his clipboard.

"You are going to coach right there with me." Coach said. Charlie smiled, I guess we all smiled.

"Thanks Coach." Charlie said. Coach nodded.

"Okay, let's get on the ice!"

__________________________

"Okay team! Let's do this. We got this in the bag. Stick together, pass often, and stay out of trouble, and we should be good! Now get on the ice and win it for USA!" Coach yelled. I jumped the wall and went to center ice. A huge Iceland player came to center ice too.

"Hey cutie." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Hey loser." I snapped. He laughed.

"Jez, you're just jealous." He implied. I shot him a confused look.

"Wait, why the hell would I be jealous? Of what?" I asked.

"I have a girlfriend." He blurted. What?

"I never asked." I snapped.

"I saw your eyes." He said. I did a sarcastic smile.

"Oh that's good, I'd hope so since there on my face." I said while I nodded. He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, is your girlfriend blind and deaf?" I asked. I took a sniff of the air. "And hopefully lost her sense of smell?" I asked. I could tell he was getting mad.

I looked behind him and saw that Iceland player that didn't laugh when his team hurt me. We had about three minutes until the game starts. I skated over to him and took off my helmet. He looked at me. "Hey." I said. He stared at me without saying a word. "Uh, okay. I guess you don't understand English." I said. I started to skate away.

"Hey." He said back. I stopped and turned to him. I skated back to him.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Sure, sure."

"Why didn't you laugh when your team mate hurt me?" I asked. He smiled.

"I don't like when my team mates hurt people. Mostly girls. I rely on respect, not what my team mates thinks. Also, you're pretty cute, and I forgot what was going on when I looked at you." He explained. I smiled.

"Alright. Thanks." I said. He looked behind me. I heard two people come behind me. I was praying to God it wasn't two huge Iceland players.

"Come on Courtney, let's go." Someone said. I knew it was Adam. I looked behind me and it was Adam and Jesse. I turned back to him.

"I'll see you later." I said. He nodded. We started to skate back.

"Did he hurt you?" Jesse asked. I smiled and shook my head.

"No, he doesn't wanna hurt me."