Chapter 25

Courtney

"Okay, great. Because, when I first saw you when we played with you the first game, I thought you were really pretty, then I heard you came to this team and I got really happy because you're a great hockey player and person. I really wanted to get to know you better." James confessed. I smiled and started to blush.

"Really" I asked in aw. James nodded. I looked down and started to smile more. "Thanks." He looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm new too, from Sydney, Australia. Moved here because of my dad. He got a job transfer. I started to come to the ice rink here because my dad never really had time to stay home with me.

Me and my girlfriend, who is now my ex, would come down here because I never been to an ice rink because I was busy with other things, but I instantly fell in love with hockey. So I came I this team." James added.

"Wow. Well, I'm from Nashville, Tennessee and moved here, too. My mom and my little sister, Dawn, died there when I was five. All because of me. It was a car crash that happened so now I live with my dad." I said.

"Wow, that's sad. I never met my mom or my dad." James said sadly.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm adopted." James said.

"Woah." James nodded.

"Okay guys! Line up!" Coach yelled. We lined up in three lines, shoulder to shoulder. "Vines!" Vines is when you move side to side with the tip of your skates and slide to a stop. We did that for about five minutes. It got real tiring after a while. "Hawks! Stop!" Coach yelled.

We all came to a stop. "Okay guys, we have a game tomorrow, if we win, then we win the whole championship. But, if we don't, then we have to play one more game to determine who wins that game.

Okay, you guys can go to the locker room." Coach said. We all go up and skated over to the ice rink door. Before I got to the door, I felt someone put there hands of my waist.

"Boo!" I heard someone yell. I jumped out of my own skin and turned around to see who it was.

"James! Don't do that!" I yelled. James started to laugh.

"Sorry, sorry!" James apologized, even though I can tell he wasn't. I smiled. We got out of the door and started to go to the locker room. "Wait, Courtney." James said, grabbing my arm gently and pulling me off to the side.

"Yeah?"

"Aren't you dating Adam Banks?" James asked. I smiled and shook my head.

"Never asked me out. We just, like each other, but I like you too, I don't know, mixed feelings I guess." I explained. James smiled.

"Great. Can I still get your number?" James asked. I nodded. We went into the locker room and I got dressed and put everything in my bag. I put the bag strap over my shoulder and left the locker room. I saw James waiting by the bathrooms.

"Hey." I said. James looked up.

"Hey." James said with a smiled which made me smile. He had a pen and piece of ripped paper in his hand. He really wanted my number. He handed the pen and paper to me and I wrote down my number.

"Here you go." I said, handing the paper to him.

"Thanks. I have to go, but I'll call you." James stated. I did a soft smile.

"Great." I said. James smiled.

"Bye." James said.

"Bye."