Chapter 34

Courtney

We finally got to the ice rink to practice. Sweet, sweet practice. "Okay, Team USA. Welcome back." Coach said. We were all bunched up in a group. "Okay, we have some new players with us today who are going to play with us this season." Coach announced.

We all looked around at each other. "First player is Dwayne Robertson. He is amazing at doing tricks with the puck." A cute looking boy came skating out.

"Yeeeeehaaaaaa! Giddy up!" Dwayne yelled. I smiled.

Good, I'm not the only southern person here.

Everyone started to laugh, but I didn't, I was just smiling. He started to do some fancy puck tricks. It was pretty cool. He came skating up to me. "Hey pretty girl, what's your name?" He asked. I giggled.

"Courtney Jane." I answered. He smiled. He was wearing a cowboy hat. He took it off as a "hello". I felt someone press against me. In the corner of my eye, I saw that it was Adam.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. Hey, are you from Texas?" Dwayne asked. I shook my head.

"No, but I'm from Tennessee." I corrected. He nodded.

"I can tell from your accent." He said. He came and kind of nudged Adam out of the way to stand by me.

"Next, we have Luis. He's special talent is that he can skate super fast." Coach announced. Another cute looking boy came out. He skated in circles to get his speed and started to skate around the rink. He was super fast.

"The only problem is..." Coach paused. We looked over to Luis and he went to go stop, but tripped, and flew into the wall.

"Ohhhhh..." We all said, kind of turning out heads.

"Okay, now we have Ken Wu." Coach said.

"Isn't he a famous figure skater?" I asked as I looked at Coach. Coach looked at me and nodded.

"Yes. But now, he is a hockey player." I saw Ken come skating out, doing some very good tricks. I saw a man walk out to the ice, but while he was walking, he slipped a couple time, which made us laugh. "Team, this is Mr. Tibbles. He is going to sponcer us." Coach introduced. We all said hi.

"Hello team. What are you guys going?" He asked.

"Introducing the Ducks to the new players." Coach replied.

"I'll take it from here." Mr. Tibbles said out of the blue. Coach rolled his eyes. We all started to laugh. "Okay, now we have Julie Gaffney. She is one of the best goalies."

"I'll decide on that." Coach snapped. A blond girl came out and went to the goal. She put her helmet on. "Jane." Coach said. I looked at him. "Go and shoot some pucks." He demanded. I nodded. I skated over to the pucks.

I got the first one and shot it. It was a perfect shot, but she caught it. "Try again." I got another puck and shot it. She caught it again. I looked at Coach. "That's good, but let's have Goldberg try." Coach said. Goldberg took Julie's spot.

"Come on, try your best." Goldberg said, trying to act all tough. I smiled. I got a puck, shot it and made it in. "I wasn't ready, try again." I got another puck, and shot it. He blocked it. "See? I got this." Goldberg implied. We started to laugh. I skated back to Adam and Dwayne.

"You're a pretty good hockey player." Dwayne said. I looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks."

"Now we have Dean Portman." Tibbles introduced. I looked over and a really big guy came out.

"Wait, he's a teenager?!" Coach asked with shock. We started to laugh. That "Dean" kid started to do tough guy stuff, acting tough.

"Oh, God it's another Fulton." I whispered to Adam. He started to crack up, which made me laugh.

"Okay guys, five against six. Courtney, Charlie, Adam, Connie, and Fulton vs Dwayne, Guy, Dean, Ken, Les, and Luis. Goldberg on Janes team and Julie on Dwayne's team."