Chapter 47

Adam

I was looking in the mirror at myself, fixing my tie and everything. Making sure I looked perfect. I saw Charlie come over.

"Did you know we have to dance tonight?" He asked, also fixing his tie. I looked at him.

"What?"

"The place we are going to tonight has a dance floor and we had to dance with partners dance." Charlie explained. I smiled.

"Great." I looked at the mirror and fixed my hair.

"Let's go down stairs." I started followed Charlie down stairs. We sat on the couch. "Let me guess, you're gonna ask Courtney to dance." Charlie implied. I looked at him and smiled.

"How'd you know?" I asked teasing. We laughed. The rest of the boys came down, all talking about the game tomorrow. They sat down.

I was really hungry. I heard the girls come down the stairs. I looked up. Connie and Julie were talking, and I saw Ocean, but I could barley see Courtney.

"Go get them boys." Elijah said with a wink. Guy, Dwayne, Charlie and I got up and went over to the girls. Guy got Connie. They hooked arms and walked away. Dwayne got Julie. They hooked arms and walked away. Charlie got Ocean. They hooked arms, then walked away.

Then, I finally saw Courtney. She totally changed. Glasses, hair color, everything. She looked even more beautiful. I couldn't help but stare.

"Woah." I sighed. Courtney smiled.

"I don't like it." Courtney denied. I looked at her weird.

"What do you mean. You're beautiful." Courtney started to blush. I stuck out my arm.

She grabbed it and hooked her arm around mine. We walked over.

"Okay. Ready?" Mrs. Jewell asked. We all nodded. We walked outside to the limo. Courtney and I were first. I opened the door for her.

"Thanks Adam." Courtney said. She climbed in. I saw Guy and Connie.

"Ask her out, man. Before it's too late." Guy said. He looked back a Dwyane. I nodded and I climbed in. I sat next to Courtney.

"Hey... Courtney?" I asked. Courtney looked at me and smiled sweetly. I felt my knees actually get weak.

"Yeah?" Courtney asked. I breathed in.

Come on, Adam.

"Will you-"

"Hey Courtney!" I heard someone say.

Dwayne.

We looked over and saw Guy and Connie push him away.

"What was that?" Courtney asked. I shrugged.

Dang it.

She looked at me again. "What did you want?" I still have a chance. I grabbed her hands and looked her straight in the eyes.

"Will you go out with me?"