Chapter 74

Courtney

"Okay guys! Come here!" Coach yelled. "Take a knee." We all bent down. "Great, great practice today. But remember my motto? After a great game of practice?" He asked.

"A great load of fun!" We all cheered. Coach got some rope and walked to Dwayne.

"Cowboy Dwayne." Coach said in a southern accent. Dwayne looked at him.

"Yessir?" Dwayne asked.

"Round up stray cattle there." Coach said, handing Dwayne the rope. He looked at us.

"Oh no." I said. We all got up and started to skate away.

"Once you get caught, you're out!" Coach yelled over all our skating. Dwayne started to catch people. I was skating Adam. We were cracking up so hard. The Dwayne came to us. I got behind Adam and grabbed his shoulders.

"Take him!" I yelled. We started to laugh. Dwayne got Adam and me at the same time. He tightened the rope, so Adam and I got really close.

"And Dwayne got the last of them!" Coach said. Adam and I started to laugh. Dwayne loosened the rope and me and Adam got out.

"Looks fun, but it's our time to actually practice." Someone snapped. We all looked over and it was Iceland's team. We all skated in front of them.

"What?" Coach asked.

"It's our ice now." The Iceland's Coach snapped. Coach nodded.

"Fine. Come on Team USA, let's pack up." Coach said. We all started to skate off.

"Oh, come on Bombay. Have a little fun with me." Iceland's coach begged. We all stopped skating and looked at Coach.

"How?" Coach asked. The Iceland's coach got a stick from one of the players. "Three pole challenge."

"Can't, I'm injured." Coach stated.

"Fine, best players play." The Iceland coach snapped.

"Deal." Coach turned to me. "Jane, get over here. You're going to do this."