Chapter 73

Courtney

I was in the living room the next day. I was so sore from yesterday. I can't move my upper body. I looked over and saw Jesse sit next to me. "Where Captain Blood?" He asked. I started to laugh.

"I don't know and I don't care. What's gotten into Coach any how?" I asked. Jesse shrugged.

"The fame has gotten to his head. He's out now with an old buddy of his, Hans." Jesse paused. "How's your rib?"

"Hurts so much. Why did he pick me of all people to do that. He knows I'm not the best person for laps." I whined.

"Just be lucky he didn't have body checks." Jesse pointed out. I nodded and laughed a little.

"Man, someone has to talk some sense into him." I implied. "He was like that when we first met him, remember?" Jesse laughed.

"'Let me get this straight, I don't like Hockey and I don't like kids.'." Jesse said mockingly. We started to laugh.

"Well, hopefully Hans talks to him." I said. Jesse nodded. Then, I heard someone come through the front door. It was Coach. He came up to Jesse and me.

"Is the whole team in the house?" Coach asked. We nodded. "Great. Everybody! Come down stairs!" Coach yelled. He went by the front door. Jesse helped me up and we went to Coach. The whole team came down. "Follow me." We all walked out and saw a trash can and a cut out of Coach (which I thought was pretty funny). We all looked at the cut out. "Okay guys, take a seat." Coach said. We all walked over and sat down.

Adam and Charlie came and sat next to me. I saw Hans walk over. "For anyone who doesn't know him, this is my buddy, Hans. He helps with the gear." Coach introduced. We all waved to him. Hans smiled at us. "Okay, let's get started. I want to apologize for everything. Mostly Goldberg and Courtney for last night. I got this USA thing way to out of hand. I'm sorry. Now." Coach said he walked over to the cut out of himself. "This, is a distraction."

"Sure is!" Les yelled. We all started to laugh. Coach got a match from match box and lit it.

"This is a fire." Coach said, holding up the light match. He walked to the trash can. "And this is a can." He threw the match into the trash can. "This is a fire in a can." He got the cut out and folded it in half and threw it into the can. "This is a distraction in a fire in a can." He said. We all started to clap and laugh at the same time. "Alright, now. Some of the teams got knocked out from games because their team either cheated or the players got hurt. So we are right at the playoffs right now. We play China tomorrow and if we win, we got straight for the championship game. We got practice tonight. But now..." He pointed to something behind us. We all turned around and saw Mrs. McKay.

"Hi guys! Ready for school?" She asked. We all sighed. I'm in so much pain I don't feel like going. We all got up and went inside to get our backpacks...