Chapter 36

Adam

I watched as Courtney left. I felt so bad. My whole face hurt. I felt blood running down my face too. "Nice going Adam, you made her cry." James said, but with not looking at me. I turned and stared at him.

"Oh, don't even go there. You broke her heart. You are the first one to throw the punch! Me, breaking her heart? At least I love her more then you imagine. I have loved her from the first second I laid eyes on her. You stole her from me." I snapped. He was staring at me. I shook my head and ran out the door. It was snowing hard.

It's December and about three weeks until Christmas. I ran back inside and got my jacket and ran back out. I started to run around looking for Courtney. Then I finally saw her.

She was shivering really bad. I ran to her quickly. I put my arms around her and started to walk with her. We walked into a coffee shop. We both went in and sat down at a table. She refused to look at me. "Courtney, you shouldn't have gone out like that."

"I don't like it when you and James fight." She blurted. I saw some tears fall onto the table.

"What do you guys want?" A lady asked. I looked at and saw the waitress.

"What do you want, Courtney?" I asked softly. She shrugged, still not looking at me.

"Two coffees." I finally said, not looking at the lady, but looking in her direction. The lady walked away. Courtney smiled and started to laugh quietly.

"What?" I asked. She looked at me and smiled. "What?"

"Okay. I remember when," Courtney paused. "Never mind." She started to laugh even more. She has the cutest laugh and the most beautiful eyes when they sparkle and smile.

"What? You can tell me." She looked at me, and smiled even more.

"Okay." She paused again, giggling. "I remember when you were on the Hawks team, and I was on District 5, and after that one game, we went to the snack bar and you bought me that coke, and then..." She paused, staring at the table. I looked at her confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She still was looking down, then looked back up at me.

"Then you were going to ask me something but I had to go because I was walking with Charlie." She said softly. "What were you going to ask me?"

The lady came by with the coffees. She put them down and left. I started to freak out on the inside. I was going to ask Courtney out that day.

"Um, well...." I hesitated. She was just staring at me. "Courtney." Should I tell her? "That day... I was going to ask you to.... Um, be my girl." I finally blurted. She stared at me, then smiled.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. She got up from her chair. I got up too.

"You're not mad ri-" And before I could finish my sentence, she kissed me. I kissed back, of course. She leaned back.

"I got to go. I'll see you later." She said. She started to walk off.

"Wait." She turned around. "Let me walk you home."