Chapter 96

Courtney

Bryan Swain is sitting next to me. The one and only Bryan Swain. I literally just passed out in my chair. Bryan is my favorite model in the whole entire world, and I'm sitting next to him. He is just, amazing, beautiful, perfect. He has dirty blond hair, blue eyes, tall. Man, he's pretty. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Hey, aren't you Courtney Jane?" Bryan asked. I looked at him.

"Uh, yeah." I replied. He smiled even more. He stuck out his hand. I grabbed it and shook it.

"Names Bryan Swain. I'm a huge fan of yours. Congrats on your big win." He said. I smiled. He congratulated me!

"Thank you. Big fan of yours too." I was trying my best to keep my calm. He smirked.

"Thanks." He said. I looked out the window. The plane is about to take off. "Why were you down here at Texas?" Bryan asked. I looked at him.

"Oh, uh my plane from California was the wrong flight and came down here so I'm goin' back to Minnesota." I replied. He nodded. He looked at me.

"I'm was down here because of family. But, I'm going back to Minnesota for modeling. Man, I haven't seen my family in forever. So it was great to see them again." He said. I nodded.

"Yeah. My step-brother is back home in Minnesota. He has cancer and today is his last day." I sighed. His beautiful smile ran away from his face. He was speechless.

"Oh my God. I'm sorry Courtney." Bryan apologized. I shrugged.

"It's fine. I get to see him for about an hour." Bryan nodded. He grabbed my hand and patted it.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized. My jaw dropped a little. He started to say other things too but I was to happy that he was holding my hand.

__________________________

Thump! I heard the plane land. I woke up. I found myself sleeping on Bryan's chest. I looked out the window and saw us landing on the runway. I heard Bryan start to wake up. "Did we land?" He asked while he did a stretch.

"Yeah."

"Hi, this is your Captain. We have just landed in Edina, Minnesota. It's now 2:34 pm. You may now unbuckle and exit the plane. Thanks for riding with us." The Captain announced. I unbuckled and got out of my seat. I got my carry-on and started to leave. Bryan caught up to me and started to walk with me.

"Hey, maybe we can hang out sometime." Bryan implied. I smiled and looked at him.

"That'll be nice." We left the boarding area and went to the baggage area. I saw all our parents there. I saw Mom and Dad. I smiled and ran to them. I got to them and flew into there arms. We all started to cry, I think for the same reason. Keith.

"Come on Courtney. Let's get to the hospital." Dad said.

"Wait." I stopped them. I looked over and Adam and Charlie. I walked over to them. "Guys. I'm goin' to be goin' to the hospital and I want you guys to be there with me. Do you mind?" I asked.

"I'll go. I wanna look over you." Adam said.

"Thanks." I said. I went over and hugged him.

"I'll go too. I wanna be there for you. You're going through a hard time I wanna stick with you." Charlie explained.

"Thanks guys." I went over to Charlie and hugged him. We went over to Mom and Dad. "They're gonna come too." I stated.

"Okay. Let's go." Mom sighed sadly. We got out bags and left.

__________________________

We all ran over to the desk lady. "What room is Keith Jane in?" Mom asked in a rush. The lady looked down at her paper, then back up.

"Thirty-four." She replied. We all nodded and ran over to the room. Thirty... Thirty-one... Thirty-two.... Thirty-three.... Thirty-four! We all stopped and walked in. I looked at Keith. He looked like he was on the cliff of death, then again, he is. I went to him and kneeled by his bad a grabbed his hand softly. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Courtney... Courtney..." He kept repeating quietly.

"Yeah Keith, it's me." The nurse came in and stopped at the door.

"Hi. Keith has about five minutes left. I'm so sorry." She apologized quickly. Then, she walked out. I started to tear up.

"How are you Keith?" I asked.

"I'm hurting. A lot." I nodded softly.

"Keith, I'm so sorry." I apologized. "I would take the fall for you if I could."

"No, no Courtney. You are gonna have a life. A professional hockey player. Anyway, how was hockey, did you win?" Keith asked. I sat up more.

"Yeah. I made the winnin' shot." I replied. He smiled lightly.

"Good. Courtney..." Keith moaned like he was in a lot of pain.

"Yeah?"

"I love you. Remember that. I truly do. I'm so glad I met you. I'm so glad you're my sister, even if you are just my step-sister, I love you." Keith paused. "When I'm gone, take care of Mom and Dad." He said.

"I love you too. And I will." I said. He's going.

"Remember, never..... Never.... Give up......" Then, he closed his eyes, and his grip loosened.

"Keith...." I whispered. He didn't answer. "Keith? Keith, come on, don't do this to me. Come on, Keith, wake up." I whispered. No reply. I started to freak out, which caused crying. "Keith come on!" I yelled. Adam and Charlie came to me and lifted me up. I felt hot tears fall from my cheeks.

"Come on Courtney... Let's go." Adam whispered. They turned me around and we started to leave. The nurses and doctors ran in to the room. I looked back and saw Mom and Dad crying. The doctors put the blanket over Keith's face. I cried even more and turned around. He's gone... He's dead.