Chapter 87

Courtney

"Okay. Here is your jerseys!" Coach said. He started to throw everyone their jerseys. I got mine. Jane, #32. Felt like old times. I took off my USA jersey and put on my Ducks jersey.

"Coach, are we aloud to do this?" I asked.

"No rule stating that we can't." Coach replied. We both smiled. "Okay, let's get out there and play hockey!" We all cheered and started to leave the locker room. Once we got out, everyone started to cheer.

"And we have Team USA back. But, they're not wearing their jerseys! They're wearing the Ducks jersey. Coach Bombay was a former Pee Wee Hockey Coach and his team was called The Mighty Ducks. And there is no rule say they can't switch jerseys, so please welcome The USA Mighty Ducks!" The announcer cheered. We all started to cheer. We got to the bench.

"Okay Ducks, bring it in!" Coach said. We all came closer. Coach put his hand in the middle. "Quack, quack, quack..." He said. We all smiled and started to stack our hands into the middle.

"Quack, quack, quack, QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK GOOOOO DUCKS!!" We all yelled. We threw our hands up in the air. I skated out to center ice. The Iceland player came in front of me. He chucked.

"Duck." He said as an insult. I did a fake chuckle.

"Stupid." He stopped laughing. The referee came over and threw the puck on the ice. I got it and passed it to Jesse. He went behind the out goal. He looked at us. He stuck his hands up in the air in a "v" formation.

"Flying V!" Jesse screamed. He put his hands back down. We all went to the goal behind Jesse. We started to go out. We all started to pass the puck to each other. I had the puck when we got to the goal.

"Dean!" I yelled. He looked at me. I passed him the puck. He got it and shot the puck, he made it! The score is now 2-3 Iceland, but we still have a chance. I went to Dean and hugged him. He had a real tight squeeze, but I was to happy I could care less...

__________________________

I got my water and started to drink it. "Okay Ducks. Two minutes left. We're down one, but we still have a chance. I want Adam, Jane, Fulton, Dean, and Jesse. I'm pulling the goalie." Coach said. I almost spit out my water at Les.

"What?!" We all yelled.

"Look. Russ and Goldberg are in the locker room right now switching jerseys and helmets. Russ is going to pretend to be Goldberg, then he is going to come out and do his knuckle puck so I need you Jane to pass the puck to Adam. Adam, you are going to pass it to Russ, then he'll come out and then do the knuckle puck." Coach demanded. I sighed in relief

"Next time, tell us the plan, and then that you're goin' to pull one of our most important players." I said.

"Aw, you think I'm important?" Goldberg said. I jumped out of my own skin. I turned around and looked at him. He was wearing his helmet so no one on the other team saw they switch. Everyone was starting to laugh. We all went out. Goldberg AKA Russ went to the goal. We can do this. We need to get that goal. I went to center ice. The referee came over and put down the puck. The Iceland player and I fought for puck. I finally got it. I passed it to Adam. I pushed over the Iceland player, which I was surprised I did because he is two times bigger then me. And he fell. Anyway, Adam passed the Russ. I was cracking up at the announcers reaction to that.

"And there goes number #32 Courtney Jane passing the puck to #99 Adam Banks. Wait, what is Banks doing? He is passing it back to the goalie Goldberg! Wait, Goldberg is coming out of the goalie section. Hold on, that's not Goldberg! That is the backup #59 Russ!" The announcer yelled. Russ came out and skated to the center ice. He threw off his helmet.

"You can do this, Russ!" I screamed. Thirty seconds left.

"It's knuckle puck time!" Russ yelled. Twenty seconds left. He put the puck to where it was on its rounded side. Ten seconds left. He lifted his stick and shot the puck. It made it! We scored. I jumped and skated to Russ and hugged him. Everyone got into a group hug. We tied and now we have overtime.