Chapter 93

Courtney

We all walked into the Silver Bullet. It had a whole bunch of table, people everywhere, music blaring. I looked down at the dance floor and people where line dancing. I smiled. "Come on y'all! Let's go down and dance!" Dwayne yelled over the music.

We walked down the stairs and went on the floor. I knew how to country dance. Before I left Tennessee, my mom brought me and Dawn to a country dancing place and got country dancing. We all joined the line and started off the dance. I was next to Dwayne and Adam.

Dwayne looked like he was a having a fun time. Adam was looking down at my feet to see how to do the dance. He kept tripping and almost falling on people. We all started to crack up. I looked up at some point and saw Coach flirting with a cowgirl. I smiled. Some people from the team gave up as went up to the tables. Then, the song ended.

"Okay. Now let's take it slow with a two-step." The DJ said. Adam, Dwayne, Les, James, McGill and Charlie come up to me and asked for the dance. I laughed.

"Sorry y'all, promised Dwayne first dance!" I yelled. They all sighed and walked up to the table. Dwayne grabbed my right hand my waist and started to dance.

"You look really nice today." Dwayne said. I smiled.

"Thanks Dwayne." I said. He spun me and grabbed my waist again. "Yeah, if I could when I'm older, I wanna move back to Tennessee."

"What part?" Dwayne asked.

"Nashville. That's were my mom and sister is." I said. He looked at me.

"Oh, you're gonna live with them?" He asked. He spun me again. I looked at him.

"I'm gonna visit them."

"Oh, tell them I said hi. Who old is your sister?" He asked.

"Would be twelve." I replied. He looked at me confused.

"Would be?"

"Dwayne, they're dead." I stated. He stared at me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Court." He apologized. I shrugged.

"Hey, it's fine." I leaned in and kissed him the the cheek. He started to blush. Then the song ended.