Chapter 56

Courtney

I'm so mad right now. I can't believe James would do this to me. Try to make me break up with Adam to date him. I got back on the ice and went to Charlie. "Where's Adam?" I snapped. Charlie looked at me and rose his hands.

"Woah, he went to go get you." Charlie replied. I shook my head and sighed.

"Sorry. I'm just really pissed off right now." I sighed again. Charlie nodded.

"Yeah, I can tell." Charlie said. I looked at him. I nudged him as he started to laugh. I smiled just a little.

"Yeah, but he wasn't in the locker room when I was in there." I stated. Charlie shrugged. Maybe he heard me and James talk.

"Okay guys." Coach said. He looked at me. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded. He nodded too, then looked at the rest of the team. "We have an interview today for team USA. They are going interview you guys in groups. So go into the locker room and get dressed and meet me by the door."

__________________________

Everyone was right by the door. We were all wearing our team USA outfits. Sweatshirt, hat, sweatpants, all that. Coach came by. "Okay ready?" Coach asked.

"Yeah." We all cheered. Adam came to me.

"Are you okay?" Adam asked. We started walk out to the limo.

"I'm done with James." I stated. I looked at James and saw him talking to McGill.

"I'm sorry, Courtney, I should have never asked you out." Adam apologized sadly. I looked at him.

"No, don't be. James broke up with me because I wasn't talkin' to him. Then you asked me out. I'm so glad I'm datin' you." I explained. Adam nodded.

"Okay." We climbed into the limo. "I'm super glad I'm with you, too."

__________________________

We got out of the limo and I saw a lot of news casters standing around. We walked up to a podium with a microphone on it.

All the people sat down and started to ask questions. "Okay, okay! One at a time!" Coach yelled over their talking.

"How did you all meet?" One person asked.

"Well, I met Charlie, Courtney, Jesse, Connie, Guy, Les, and Goldberg out on the lake around four years ago, playing hockey. Met Fulton from him breaking my window from a good street puck shot." Everyone started to laugh.

"I met Adam because he played on another team and he transferred to our team. Met James and McGill from the Hawks team. And met Julie, Ken, Dean, Dwayne and Luis this year from them being new to the USA team." Coach replied.

"Team Iceland says they are the best hockey team in the Olympics, what do you guys think of that?" Another person asked.

"I'll like to take him up on that. I think Team USA can beat his team at anytime." Coach answered with a smile.

"Sure you can." I heard someone say. I looked over and saw a man and a lady with a whole bunch of tall teenagers behind them. We stared at him as he smirked at us.

"Those are some big kids." Les whispered to me. I nodded in agreement.

"My team is the best. No one can beat us." He snapped. A bunch of security guards came over and told them to leave. "What!? What's freedoms of speech then?!"

"He played on the NHL for only a couple months. Knocked out more teeth then made goals." Charlie stated. He didn't look like the nicest person.

"Okay guys, let's get your interviews done with." Coach said. We all left and into a building. A lady was behind the table. She looked up at is and smiled.

"Hello guys! Welcome. Your interviewer is ready. I'll take only three in right now. How about you three?" She said, pointing at Charlie, James, and me.

We followed her into a room. There was three chairs and a lady standing up with a clipboard.

"Hi guys. Please, take a seat." She offered, sticking her hand out to the chairs. We all sat down right away. I sat in the middle, James to my right, and Charlie to my left. The lady sat down. I looked behind her and saw a camera.

"Is this gonna be aired?" I asked. She looked at me.

"Of course. Okay, let's get started. So, what are you guys names?" She asked.

"Charlie Conway."

"Courtney Jane."

"James Stafford."

"Okay, so how old are you guys?" The lady asked.

"Fifteen." Charlie replied.

"Fifteen." I replied.

"Sixteen." James replied.

"And what is your home state?" She asked.

"Minnesota." Charlie replied.

"Tennessee." I replied.

"Sydney, Australia." James replied. The lady's jaw dropped.

"What, you're from Australia?" The lady asked James.

"Yes. Lived there for about eleven years. Then, I got adopted and came to the U.S." James replied.

"Wow, I can tell from your accent. So, how did you guys meet?" She asked.

"I met Courtney from Preschool." Charlie said. "And meet James because Courtney and him dated." I closed my eyes. I really wished he wouldn't mention that.

"Oh, you guys are dating?" She asked.

"Oh, no." James and I looked at each other, then back at her, shaking our head.

"I'm datin' someone else." I stated.

"Who are you dating?" She asked.

"You're gonna talk to him in a little bit but his name is Adam Banks." She nodded.

"How long did you guys date?" She asked.

"Four years." James and I replied.

"How did you guys meet?" She asked. I smiled.

"Where do I begin?"