Chapter 100

Courtney

I was sitting by the phone. I want to call Adam to tell him I'm moving, but at the same time, I don't. I don't wanna break his heart. I need to tell him. Maybe I'll come back out. Maybe I'll move back later on. I reached for the phone. I put it up to my ear and dialed Adams number. The phone started to ring.

"Hello?" A lady said. I blanked out.

"Oh, hi, is Adam there?" I asked. A pause.

"May I ask who's calling?" She asked.

"Oh, uh Courtney Jane. I am on Adam's team." I said.

"Oh okay. Hi Courtney. This is his step-mom. Yeah I'll get Adam. Please hold." She said. I sat there for about a minute. I was rehearsing what I was going to say in my head. Adam, I'm so sorry, I'm moving. No... Maybe I just need to be more strict about it. Adam. I'm moving... No too strict. Adam. I'm moving-

"Hello?" Adam said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh, hey Adam. Hey, listen..." I said. I blanked again. "Um, sorry. Maybe we can go ice skating today. At the lake?" I asked.

"Yeah definitely. Seven alright?" He asked. I smiled.

"Yeah. Seven. That's good. See you then." I said.

"See you then."

__________________________

I was on the ice. Adam wasn't here yet. I was wearing my old District 5 Ducks jersey. I am really going to miss Adam. He is so sweet to me. He's there for me, protecting me. Making sure I'm okay.

"Courtney!" I heard someone yell. I looked over and saw Adam start to come onto the ice. He skated to me and I hugged him. He hugged back. "What's up?" He asked. I looked at him with a straight face.

"Adam. I need to tell you something." I said. He looked at me a little nervous.

"Yeah?" He asked with a little bit of a shaky voice. I grabbed his hands and looked him straight in his eyes. His beautiful blue brown eyes. I started to tear up.

"Adam. I love you. You know that. I truly do. But... I'm movin'. Back to Tennessee. My dad and step-mom wants to move because Minnesota reminds them to much of...." I paused. "Keith." I said. He was just staring at me.

"Your really moving?"

"We leave in three days." I replied. He nodded. He started to cry too. First time I ever saw him cry. He came in and hugged me. I hugged him back. I don't wanna move. I don't want to leave Adam here. I love him.