Chapter 85

Courtney

"Okay, Courtney, you are going to pass the puck to Jesse. Jesse, you are going to keep the puck. Then, Courtney, you are going to go behind Fulton and Dean since they are the strongest people on the team." Charlie stated.

"I take affiance to that." I said. We all started to laugh, except Coach, he wasn't in the best mood.

"Anyway, Jesse, you're going to pass the puck to Courtney once she gets behind them. Once you get it Court, you're going to follow Fulton and Dean to the goal as they push everyone out of the way. Then make the goal!" Charlie said. We all nodded.

"Okay Coach. Got it." Jesse said. We all went out. I went to center ice again. I looked at Dean. He nodded. I did too. I looked back and kind of jumped. The Iceland player appeared out of nowhere. The referee came over and threw the puck down. Luckily, I got the puck and passed it to Jesse. I skated over to Fulton and Dean. I hit the stick on the ice so I could get Jesse's attention.

"Pass it to me! I'm open!" I screamed. Jesse looked at me, then passed it. I got it. We started to skate really fast down the ice. Dean and Fulton started to ram people down. We were almost there. When we did finally make it to the goal, Fulton and Dean split up and I went out, I shot the puck real quick, and made the goal! "Yes!" I screamed.

The team came over and put their arms around me. The score was 1-3 Iceland, we need to catch up fast. We went back to the spot. The reff came over and threw the puck down. I got it and passed to Fulton. I skated over in front of him. No one was blocking me. "Pass it to me!"

Fulton passed it. It was off and got stuck in the wall. I went over and started to try to kick it out. I started to cussed under my breath. It couldn't come out. I looked up and saw a huge Iceland player charging at me. Not again. I closed my eyes, expecting an impact to smash me into the wall. Nothing. I opened my eyes and saw the Iceland player on the ground with rope around him. I looked up and saw Dwayne with the end of the rope. I stared at him. Did he just...? He lifted up the player.

"You don't do that to a lady!" He screamed. I skated over to them. I pushed Dwayne away from the player.

"Thanks Dwayne, but I'm no lady, I'm a Duck!" I screamed. I pushed down the player. Dwayne started to laugh, then, a referee got Dwayne and skated him over to the penalty box.

"Dwayne Robertson on Team USA is, no surprise, being put in the penalty box for four minutes for... What? Roping #46 James George because he was going to body check #32 Courtney Jane?! What's up with Jane?" He asked. I put my head down. We are really get a talk from Coach.