ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ¹

(Third person POV, TW: Attempted suicide [cutting], psychosis)

They stood on the top of the tall building, the young green haired boy staring at his idol. His emerald eyes were bright, full of wonder, excitement and fear. The number one hero watched the young boy, then shook his head in disbelief.

'You can't become a hero without a quirk.' The hero said.
The green haired boys shoulders fell, As if all the pride that was left in him has disappeared. His bright eyes dimmed, as he thought about his one and only dream, getting crushed by the one person he looked up to.

He held out his book with notes about villains and hero's, his last piece of hope.
'I-I have notes! On villains and hero's!' The boy squeaked.
'And then what? You'll defeat them with your powerless fist?' The hero questioned, then stood up.

The young boys heart sunk, and every little speck of hope in him had obliterated, vanished, leaving all the happiness he had ever felt, gone. His mind was blank, confused. What now? What was his life now?

The hero walked to the door, and opened it.
'You have to think of things realistically.' The hero said, before leaving the young boy alone on the roof.

Realistically. The only thing he'd ever thought about, ever cared about, was being like his idol. There was nothing else, he didn't want anything else. In his world, all that mattered was being a hero and defeating villains. But, now it felt like his hero was a villain.

He was crushed, the last words from his idol were like the final blow, the end to his world. It was all over, he didn't know what to do. So, he spent most of his afternoon dawdling his was back home. His mind felt so blank, there was nothing worth thinking about.

Why don't you go swan dive of the roof deku!
Quirkless bastard!
You can't become a hero without a quirk.
Powerless.
Realistically.
Quirkless.

Tears were filling up his eyes, threatening to fall.
'Maybe I will kill myself...' he muttered.
A small, sad grin crossed his face. When he blinked, a single tear rolled down his face, and smashed into the ground.

He eventually made it home, conveniently his lovely mother was away for the weekend. He unlocked the door to the house, then stepped into the darkness, and the emptiness. He flicked on the lights as he slowly walked down the hallway, the floorboards creaking every second step.

When he made it to his All Might styled room, he felt a strong sense of sadness well up from inside him. But then, anger. When he opened the door, all his hero figures glared at him. To him, it felt as if all the figures were against him. As if we're the weakest thing they'd ever seen.

As if he were a villain.

He bit his bottom lip, his hands were trembling. How would the hero's react, knowing he felt like dying because of one of them. How would Katsuki feel?

'He wouldn't care, no one would.' He mumbled.
He walked towards the kitchen, stared at a note on the bench from his mother.

'I prepared you food, please eat <3
-mummy'

He opened the fridge, there was a container with a curry in it, and 'izu' written on the top. He picked it up out of the fridge, and heated it up, then ate it. It tasted like home, it had all his mothers love poured into it. It was a taste he would never forget, even if he were to die.

(Midoriyas POV)

After cleaning up and thinking, I decided dying was the best I could do. It'd be doing a favour for everyone. Quirkless people have no use in this world, that goes for me as well. Kachan would be thrilled, mum would be free. It's not like I ever had anyone care about me, other then my mum.

I walked into the bathroom, then turned on the tap for the bath. The water filled the bath slowly, I watched it. Then I walked over to the cabinet and opened it. I crouched down and peered onto the shelves, then I found it.

I pulled out the straight razor my mum brought. I studied the blade, it looked sharp, but I don't really know. I took off all my clothes, then sat in the bath. I held the razor in the air, then I held my wrist next to it.

Do it. I heard a voice call. A voice in my head?
Do it. Do it! I subconsciously put the blade to my wrist, then sliced. Blood poured out of the wound I had inflicted, it began to sting. How did I do that?
I held my wrist under the tap, all the blood that came out was washed away, but it kept pouring.

Every time I took my wrist away from the rushing water, blood would pour out. I knew it wouldn't be enough. More. More! The voice called.
So I did more. I sliced he blade across my wrist. It stung. I covered my mouth, holding in screams of agony.

I eventually couldn't take the pain, so I stopped. I held my wrist under the warm water. I felt cold, so cold. I could see the streams of blood coming out. You'd better die. The voice called.
I shivered, I was scared. 'Who are you..' I muttered.

I got no reply. I sunk into the water, trying to warm up my body. But I remained cold. I looked at my arm, it stopped bleeding, and it made me a little mad. There were around 3 cuts that were clearly open, and 4 that looked like cat scratched. Then, a few others in between.

The first one I did was the worst one, I don't remember doing it. It was as if I wasn't in control, but I saw myself do it. It hurt, a lot. None of them needed stitches, and I didn't hit any veins or arteries. But they bled for a while.

Well, actually I don't know how long it has been. I looked at the All Might clock on the wall, it read 6:03. Already? I ate dinner at 5. I've been in here nearly an hour, cutting and bleeding. Maybe I passed out somewhen.

I pulled the plug and watched as the water drained. I shivered and stepped out of the bath. I pulled my All Might towel off the railing then wrapped it around my body. I stared at my arm, and the dents I'd put into myself. You should be dead, quirkless. The voice growled.

How do I cover the wounds? I mean, when kachan gave me a wound I would cover it with wound tape, maybe I'll just do that. I walked out of the bathroom, my arm was thudding. I opened the medicine cabinet, then took out the wound tape.

I ripped pieces off and covered all the cuts. I think one started bleeding again from the pressure, but I ignored it. Or, tried to. I wrapped my arm up in a bandage and walked into my room, changed into a shirt and trousers, then I walked to my mums room and flopped on her bed.

I sniffed the pillow, then sunk into the familiar smell. My mums smell. I felt water running down my face, I was crying, again. I was angry that I could die, I guess I'm not even good enough for that. I snuggled into the warmth of my mother's bed, and eventually fell into a deep, deep nightmare.