ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ³

(Monday morning, Third person)

Izukus alarm went off, signifying that it was time to get up for school. Though, he had absolutely no motivation to go. He smacked the alarm clock then sighed into his pillow. Before he could drift back off to sleep, his mother opened the door.

She had returned home from her small trip the previous night, but it was late so she just went to bed.
'Izu? You need to get ready for school..' She said in a cheerful voice.
Izuku sighed again, then dragged himself out of bed and towards his wardrobe.

When his mother left the room he got changed into the irritating uniform that was mandatory for his school. He walked out with his back pack to collect the lunch that had been made up for him, then slipped it into his bag. He didn't feel like eating breakfast, so he told his mother he wasn't hungry.

As he was about to leave, he paused, and turned to face his mother.
'Mum.. can I still... be a hero?' He asked, in a quiet, hopeful voice.
His mother smiled, a sweet smile, before hugging him gently.
'My sweet little Izu... you have already been my hero, you need not worry about the stresses of saving others...'

His heart was, shattered. Not healed. Maybe she thought, saying that would heal him. But he didn't want that, he wanted to save everyone, but even his sweet mother, his only supporter, didn't have faith in him. He could feel his heart beat, it made his head thud.

'Love you, Mum...' he said, then hugged her.
His eyes were nearly filled with tears. But he held them back.
'I have to go, I'll be late...' Deku muttered, then parted from his mother and ran out of the house.
His chest tightened, his eyes went blurry from the tears covering them. He felt so hopeless, he felt so useless.

Kill them!! See, your mother doesn't have faith in you. So kill them. The voice yelled. Deku shook his head and smacked his cheeks. He took a deep breath then walked towards his school.
'I'm fine, everything's fine. I'll be a hero, I'll save people... I'll help them. I don't need people, I'll be a hero! No one can stop me from being a hero, there's no way... I'll do whatever it takes.' He continued to mutter.

You can't. Give it up, you'll never be a hero. Remember the leaf? You're an outcast. But you should, fly above them. Ruin them. If you can't be a hero, no one can.
'No one can be a hero... if I can't...' he whispered.
He stopped walking.
'No one can be a hero, if I can't?' He muttered.
It's only fair. Become strong, and ruin the hero's.

'Ruin them, Huh..' he looked down at the ground. At a leaf that had fallen from the tree. At a leaf withering.
Don't wither away, don't fall below the hero's. Be better than them. Be above them.
'Yeah..'

Izuku looked up, then began to walk towards the mall. He soon heard the school bell ring in the distance. But, he ignored it.
'A villain, a villain...' he mumbled.
What was so bad about villains anyway, they create jobs for hero's.

When he made it to the mall, he walked into a store. He picked out a black hoodie, and a pair of black pants. Then he got some gloves, and walked around looking for something. Something that could, hide his face. Hide his identity. Maybe hair dye and contact lenses? No.

Then he saw it, the perfect thing. A smiling mask, half green, half white. He took it off the stand, and started at it for a while. He walked off towards the cash register, then purchased the items. He had to think, think. Where would he stay. He would have to run away, his mother was working, so he decided going home was the best idea.

***

Once he made it home, he slipped on his new clothes. He put he mask in his bag, along with a few other essentials. He walked into his room, then pulled a box off of the cupboard. Inside the box, was a dagger wrapped up in cloth. His father owned it, and left it with him.

He held the dagger in his hands, against his gloves. Then slipped it into his bag. He put a water bottle in his bag, then walked around his house, one last time. He was going to leave, run away. And he could never come back.

He looked into his room. At all the hero figures he had collected over the years. He was leaving them behind. He didn't mind, though. He thought they stared at him a lot, and laughed. Laughed at how pathetic they thought he was.

He felt his phone buzz, then he took it out of his pocket. It was his mum. But she never called him while he was at school. He subconsciously pressed the green button.
'Izu? Izu are you there?' His mother cried in a helpless voice.

'Yes?' Izuku asked quietly.
'The school called me and told me you haven't shown up, where are you? Are you ok!?' She cried.
He stared at the ground. Trying to think about what to say. That we was leaving, running away forever? He was going to become the opposite of his dream? He was thinking too hard, and for too long.

'Izuku what's wrong? Do you need help??' His mother asked in a distressed voice.
'I'm.. I'm fine, I'm just... not going back to school...' he muttered.
'What do you mean? Did something happen??'
'I am... leaving forever mum... I love you, stay safe.' He said quietly.

His mother tried to ask what he meant, but he hung up. And when he hung up, he cried a river. He felt horrible, how could he do something like this to his lovely mother? He didn't know what else to say, so he said that. But he knew, there was no turning back now.

(A/N- this is the mask, but it's half dark green, hope you're enjoying the story :))