ᶜᴴᴬᴾᵀᴱᴿ ⁴

(Third person)

Izuku threw his phone into the wall, causing the screen to shatter. He could barely see because of the tears streaming down his face, leaving his eyes with a glassy coating. He threw the bag over his shoulder and bolted for the door. He swung it open then dashed away from his home.

He ran towards the park, which was surrounded by a forest. He knew of an abandoned small house in the middle of the Forrest that he found once when he was lost, which he decided to run towards. He saw a police car zoom past the park, turning towards his house, he quickly put his hood up and ran faster. His mother probably called them.

He ran through the forest and down to a stream of water. He followed the stream, which lead deeper into the forest. Where the sun light beaming through the trees was blinded by thick branches and leaves. He grew to tired to run, so he decided to walk. He doubted anyone would follow him through the thick trees.

After around an hour of walking, he made it to the house. It was basically a box, maybe the same size as his school bathroom, even a bit smaller. He opened the splintered door and stepped into the house, the floor was made from concrete and the roof from rusting steel. Luckily, the walls looked thick enough to be insulated.

There wasn't much in the house, some graffiti on the wall, a small table with two chairs, a steel bead frame that was also rusting, but no mattress. He didn't mind, though. There was a tiny built in kitchen, but kitchen is a pathetic name. It had two built in cupboards, and sink. The sink wouldn't have any running water. There was one window, but it was tinted so no one could see in. Basically the perfect hide out until he could find something better.

He felt too horrified to clean, to scared that he would be found. So, he sat down in the corner of the house for the whole day, until he could no longer see light. It was night, and no one had found him. But for that night, he couldn't sleep. He was paranoid.

This happened for the next day too. All he did was listen for noises, sometimes stare out the window. He drank half of his water, and ate an apple. He tried his best to not cry, so he didn't dehydrated himself. But the second night, he fell asleep. And when he woke up, nothing had happened. No one came to look for him, or no one found him.

He decided to stop moping around on the third day, and clean up the house a bit.

He pulled his bag over to himself and unzipped it. Inside, he took out one of his shirts and decided to dust the house down. He spent a while, getting rid of cobwebs, dusting down the old furniture and the floor. Cleaning inside of the cupboards, stuff like that. Then he headed out to the stream of water and rinsed of the shirt. He used the shirt to basically mop he floors, then wipe down the table and bed frame. He made the house cleaner, more liveable. 

He didn't know how long he would be there, but he'd rather live a bit cleaner than before. He couldn't risk getting sick. He pulled out a few pieces of fruit from his bag and sat them on the bench top, then put other little bits of food in the cupboard. He took out his spare clothes and neatly folded them, sitting his mask on top.

He kept the dagger in the bag. Get stronger. A voice called. Izuku flinched and looked around, then realised it was the voice in his head. He hadn't heard it for a couple days. You need to train yourself, you're too weak. It said.

Izuku nodded, then thought for a moment. How could he get stronger? What training should he do? He stepped out of the house and looked around. There were trees, lots of them. Then there was the stream. He ran back into the house, and ripped his hero note book out of the bag.

He flipped to the back page, then picked up a pen and began to write.
'Day 1, 2, 3, 4- 2km run or walk, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats.
Day 5, 6, 7, 8- 3km run, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats'
And he went from there.

For the first four days, he was utterly pathetic. He realised he couldn't accurately predict how far 2km was, so he just guessed. He couldn't run for long without getting tired. The sit ups and push ups were difficult, and it took him most of the morning to complete the task. On the fourth day, he did the routine twice.

On the next four days, he could run about half of the 3kms without getting tired, though he had to walk the rest. He was getting better with the push ups, sit ups and squats. For the last two days, he did the routine twice in the day.

He decided for the next four days, to run for as long as he could. He got about 3kms before he couldn't move his legs. Then he did the other exercises, as many as he could. He did more than 100. No one had found the house, and he hadn't seen a person.

For he rest of the month, he would run for as long as he could, once in the morning, once at night. Then do a lot of the 3 exercise, but he added in more. He did pull ups on the tree branches, he lifted logs all into one spot, he climbed the tallest tree, he jumped from branch to branch on other trees.

For that whole month, he survived of what he learnt. He finished he food he brought in a matter of days, then had to find his own. He found some fruit trees, and tested them on his skin to see if they would make a reaction. He would cut them in half, then sit them on his arm. If they left a rash, they were poisonous. If they didn't, they were edible. He ate grasshoppers, vegetables, berries, fruit and remained healthy through testing for poison.

He eventually moved to the stream and used his dagger to catch fish. He gutted them, went for a 2km run then cooked them. He didn't let the smoke anywhere near the house, so people wouldn't find him. When done with the fire, he would pour water over it, cover it in dirt then leaves, and run home. He had woven a futon with thick leaves and used his clothes as blankets.

And at the end of the month, he felt ready. Ready to make his first kill.