gone//e.d

AN// TRIGGER WARNING: shooting :(

(y/n pov)

"Sorry, I have to use the washroom," He nodded and you stood up, pulling your dress, "I'll be back," You said, before walking to the bathroom. You sighed as you entered a stall.

Message from graaaysssonnnn :)

You sighed, swiping it open. You were on a yet another date that your best friend had set you up with. But the only person you wanted to be with was his brother.

just checking in

how're things goin?

he's obsessed with robots

who isnt?

You ignored the last text and walked out of the bathroom. You smiled sitting back down. You knew how this worked. You listened while he talked, politely declined dessert, and head home. Oh, and try not to think about Ethan.

---

"Grayson, I don't want to." You muttered. He stopped the car and looked over at you.

"Y/N, you need to move on." You shook your head, tears threatening to fall. "Y/N please, this isn't good for you." He said softly.

"You loved him more than I did," You shot back. He closed his eyes and you sighed. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to be with anyone else, okay?"

"Y/N, how often do you think about him?" You wiped away a tear. "It's been months, y/n." You looked over at him, driving once again.

"Every day." You said. "I think about that day, every, single, fucking, day."

---

You drove to school, a smile on your face, excited to see your man, just like any other day. You stopped at a red light, as your phone lit up in the cupholder. Quickly answering it and putting it on speaker, you heard a lot of boys talking and then Ethan's.

"Guys, shut the fuck up, I'm trying to talk to my girl," This made you blush. "Shut the fuck up," He yelled at his friends, who were in the car with him, once again.

"When are you not talking to your girlfriend?" Another voice said and more laughter sounded. You blushed and smiled, taking a left turn.

"Hey, baby," Ethan said. You smiled. "How's your morning going, beautiful?"

"Good now that you called," He chuckled at your response. "Comment ca va?" You asked.

"Huh?" You sighed. "I'm sorry, that was a complicated question." He said. You shook your head at yourself.

"I stayed up on facetime with you for 3 hours studying for your oral test and you don't know what comment ca va is?" You asked. "Ethan."

"Y/N." He said. You sighed. "We never reviewed that sentence." He said. You could hear him laughing.

"Okay, okay," you said, pulling into the parking lot. "Don't fail, my love," you said, sighing. He laughed.

"I won't gorgeous, calm your shit." You rolled your eyes and puled your keys out. "I'll come right after my test to your art class to kiss you okay?" You smiled to yourself, walking into the school.

"Why not now?" You said. You didn't mind, really. You just didn't want to get off the phone with him. "Come see me now, baby." You whined, going up the stairs to the third floor.

"I have to meet with coach before the game tomorrow," He said. You smiled. "Maybe I can run up to your class before French." He said. You smiled.

"No you're not going to be late for your test, you idiot," You said. He laughed and you heard him shut the car door. "Okay, you can go, text me?" You smiled, opening your locker with one hand.

"Of course, baby," You smiled as you heard Grayson call Ethan. "I love you so much, y/n." He said.

"I love you too, Ethan." You said before hanging up. You sighed and walked into class early.

---

Your class screamed as they heard a gunshot. Everyone went into lockdown mode. Tears filling your eyes, you were scared shitless. You screamed as you heard another go off and you all hid under tables. Your teacher tried calming everyone down. You texted Ethan.

are you okya??

babe

e

ethan reply

You started to freak out and cried even harder. You heard doors banging and you shut your eyes wishing for this nightmare to be over. All you wanted to do was go home and curl up with Ethan's arms around you. Little did you know, that would never happen again.

Your best friend hugged you as your teacher began to talk again. "The shooting was near the locker rooms. The rest of the school is safe. A few students were shot as of now." Some people cried. You sighed.

"Ethan's okay." You friend whispered. You nodded. "He's in his French class, and probably dropped his phone like an idiot." You nodded, trying to calm down.

"He's probably relieved his test got post-" You cut yourself short as you came to a realization. "No. No no no." You said, crying again.

"Yes, y/n. He's okay." She reassured you. You shook your head.

"H-he went to see his c-coach. B-before his game." She looked at you as you cried even harder. "He was in t-the l-locker r-rooms." You cried.

You looked down at your phone screen, staring at the texts that would never be answered.

---

You walked down the beach, it was only 6 in the morning. Grayson cleared his throat next to you. "1 year." He said. You nodded and looked out at the waves. "A lot has changed." He continued.

"I guess so." You whispered. The beach was empty and it was silent. You liked the peaceful atmosphere. "I still love him." You said.

"You always will," Grayson responded. You wiped at your eyes. "But he won't come back." He said. You nodded.

"I know," You whispered to the waves. "I never want to love again." You said. He shook his head and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You will, y/n. You will." You shook your head. "You have to love again." He whispered.

"I love him." You whispered. "Even if he's gone now."

"But you will love someone else, you will." You shook your head, but he continued. "That's what E would've wanted." You began to cry.

Grayson pulled you into his arms and you cried. He stroked your hair and sighed. "Everything's changing without him." You said. He nodded and you felt his chin on your head.

"That's how the world works." He whispered.