for me//g.d

AN// so this one doesn't really follow a typical dialogue format, and it bothers me a lot BUT i just thought it would be nicer if gray did more of the talking while you kept quiet. so that's all, love you all <3

(y/n pov)

"Do they even like me?" Gray mumbled. He'd been off all day, and wouldn't talk to you or Ethan. You sat up in bed, looking over at him. He still didn't turn to face you. He stared at the wall and you put a hand on his arm. "Do they even like me for me?" He asked. You sighed, laying back down, but propping your head up on your elbow. He rolled over onto his arm, and oyu traced patterns on his arm.

"They only like me for my face," He said. You kept quiet, his fingers playing with each other in anxiousness. You pulled one hand away from him and held it in yours. He let you. "And my body, they only like my body," He said. You rested your head on his shoulder wrapping an arm around his waist,

"No one even likes me for me," He states. You drew patterns on his bare chest with your fingertips. You reached up to run a hand through his hair.

"I mean, I'm a good looking guy," He said to you. You nodded and he went back to staring at the ceiling. "I know that." You pushed his hair back and he squeezed your hand, the one he was still holding.

"But if I wasn't," He paused and took in a breath. You ran your fingers down his chest slowly. "Would they still like me?" You sighed.

"I love you no matter what," You whispered to him. He looked at you and you nodded at him. He looked away.

"But the, the fans," He whispered. You sighed and sat up next to him. He looked up at you and your hand found its way to his hair again. "Would they?" You shrugged, never wanting to lie to him.

"If we didn't work out, or, or have nice hair, would they still like us?" You kissed him softly on the forehead. "Would they still like me 'n E, if we weren't good looking?" You pushed yourself up against the headboard and tugged on Grayson's shoulder. He moved over, his head in your lap.

"If we didn't look the way we do, would people even click on our videos?" You sighed, playign with his chain in your fingers. "It's not fair." He said, finally, minutes later.

"What's not fair, baby?" You asked. He shrugged.

"It's not fair how we try so hard to make them smile put everything into our videos, and," He paused to run his own hand through his hair. "They only like us for the way we look." You sighed.

"Not all of them, some of them, love us," You nodded, reaching down to play with his fingers. "But some of them, only care about the way we look." You bent over to kiss him. He kissed you back and you pulled away, sitting up again.

"If they only care about the way we look, we could just sit in front of a camera for 20 minutes and upload it, right?" You shook your head. "If we did that, they would say we're not trying anymore." You sighed, running a hand through your own hair.

"You love me, right?" He asked quietly. You nodded. "Okay," He said tiredly.

"Are you sleepy?" You asked. He shook his head and yawned. You sighed. "Yes you are, sleep, Gray," You whispered. It was now his turn to sigh.

"I wish they loved me for me," He whispered. You sighed, looking down at him.

"Some of them do, my love, some of them love you with all of their hearts, and not just for your body, okay?" He nodded. "Some of them, really do care about you, and want you to happy more than anything." He nodded again, closing his eyes.

"Thank you, y/n," He whispered after a few seconds. You tilted your head, confused, as he opened his eyes. "For being the best girlfriend," He whispered. You smiled and bent down to kiss him.

"I love you, Gray, for you," You whispered. He nodded and closed his eyes. "Your looks are just a bonus," You added.

And with that, Grayson fell asleep in your lap, with a smile on his face.