trust//g.d - pt3

AN// this'll have one last part, and that'll be it :) and thank you so so much to  for helping me write this part as well as the next <3 thank you so much, your ideas are incredible xx

third person pov)

"Please, please, daddy!" The ten year old whined. "Please, even grandma's coming, please?" She followed Ethan around the house, tugging on his t-shirt. He sighed.

"I just don't think that's a good idea," He sighed, tossing a balloon at y/n's head. She threw it back at him.

"Please, please, I haven't seen him in forever," She frowned. Ethan sighed. "Please, you don't even have to get me a present daddy, please?'

"Pri-"

"Please, please, I just want uncle Gray to come," She pouted, hands clasped together. She sighed, looking up at him. "Don't get mad daddy, okay?" She asked. Ethan frowned.

"What'd you do?" Y/N asked. Bailey stalked off to the kitchen table, propping herself onto a chair.

"I invited him," She said. Y/N and Ethan looked at each other. "In last time's letter, I told him he can come and today, today when the letter came, he said I have to ask you, daddy!" She said. Ethan sighed, hands on his hips. "Please, daddy?"

"I don't know, princess, it's a little complicated," He said softly.

"You always say that!" She yelled. "He's your twin daddy, why don't you love him!" She huffed. Y/N left the room, leaving Ethan to decide on his own. "Please, please, I don't even want a party, just want him to come, he says he got me a present he wants to mail."

"He can mai-"

She had tears in her eyes now and Ethan sighed, squeezing his eyes shut. "Please, daddy?" He nodded.

"Yeah, I'll, I'll call him," Ethan sighed. She squealed, wiping her face before running to him.

"Best birthday ever!" She said, kissing his cheek before running off.

---

They didn't get a divorce. They got a separation, both perfectly content with that. Because once the earrings had been mailed to Bailey, she didn't shut up about her Uncle Gray. And as much as it broke y/n's heart, she just had to go along with it.

The trust issues she had when it came to Gray still scared her. She was always scared. But Gray began to mail Bailey letters, soon after the earrings. And as y/n read them to her daughter, she began to be okay.

Not okay enough to call him up and ask how he is. But okay enough to let Bailey write him letters, once she learned how. And Grayson cherished those letters from his daughter with his everything.

He didn't live that much farther from him. He just- he knew Ethan wasn't going to let him see her, or let them do any sort of bonding, so he remained with what he could get. And for the time being, it was just those letters, and all the little things he'd send to her.

All of Bailey's friends were there by the time Gray arrived. And so when the doorbell rang for the last time, she was running right over, knowing it was her uncle Gray she hadn't seen since she'd met him.

"Hold on, angel," Y/N sighed, pulling her back as Ethan pulled the door open, revealing a very much older looking Grayson, holding a gift bag. Bailey squealed and ran to him as Ethan and him gave each other a nod.

Ethan loved his twin. I mean, come on, they used to be inseparable. But he knew, he knew how bad Grayson was hurting y/n. And he really wasn't having it, because that was his niece.