unfair//e.d

AN// this is my little thing for the documentary. that video was so so heartbreaking, i cried throughout. i love the twins so much and i hope they know how proud we, and sean, are of them <3

(y/n pov)

"I'm so proud of you," You whispered. He nodded, playing with his fingers in his lap. "So, so, proud of you, yeah?"

"Yeah," He whispered.

You rested your head on his shoulder and sighed, taking one of his shaking hands in yours. You kissed his neck softly and he let out a breath. "Okay?" You asked. He nodded.

"Wanna go see 'ma, 'morrow," He mumbled. You nodded. "Think she watched it?" He asked. You nodded.

"'Course she did," You whispered. He nodded. "So, next flight tomorrow to Jersey?" You asked. He nodded.

"Yeah," He whispered. You smiled, leaning up to peck him on the cheek. "Was it good?"

"Beautiful."

He nodded, playing with his ring. You smiled, pulling his hand up and kissing the back. He sighed loudly, resting his head back on his headboard. "It's so crazy."

"What's crazy?"

"Everything," He whispered. You looked up at him, chin on his shoulder. "How all the most amazing people get taken." You stay quiet. "It's fucking stupid."

"I know," You whispered, barely audible.

"What do all the best people do," A pause. "To deserve something so painful?" You rub your thumb over his knuckles. "It's not fair, y/n."

"I know, baby."

"Whys the world work like this, huh?" E asked. You raised a hand to wipe a tear. "Nothing makes fucking sense."

"I-"

"Why're things like this? Why wasn't it me instead? I deserve cancer more th-"

"No one deserves cancer," You whisper. He sighs.

"Why him?"

You shut your eyes for a moment, letting a tear slip. You open them again when you hear E let out yet another loud sigh.

"One day, it'll all be gone." You look up at him. "One day, there'll be a cure and everyone's gonna be cured and it's all gonna be okay, this fucking disease won't take people's lives." You nod, rubbing his shoulder.

"One day."

"And one day, I'm gonna live up and do everything dad wanted to see me do." You smile. "Everything, if I can even ad half of a fucking man as he was, I'll make him proud."

"You're already making him proud." He plays with your ring. "You're both already making him so fucking proud."

He's quiet for a moment. His breaths quicken and become sharper and you sit up as he starts. Both hands covering his face, Ethan starts to sob. You turn, crawling over and onto his lap.

Straddling him, you wrap your legs around his waist and he hugs you tight. Arms completely wrapped around you, he buried his face into your neck, crying. Wrapping your own arms around his neck, you kissed the top of his head, over and over again, letting him cry.

"'s not fa-fair," He cried. You nod, resting your chin on his head as he squeezes you tighter, more sobs escaping. "It's so fucking unfair."

"I know baby."

You can feel his tears on your neck and the cool air hitting it as he looks up, arms leaving you as he wiped his face. You helped him, dabbing at his eyes with your thumbs. He inhales deeply and you kiss him, whispering another, 'I know's' against his lips.