remember//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING: fatal car accident (only a few mentions of it but still :/)

(y/n pov)

"Just don't- expect much, okay?" You sighed.

"Just say it, Gray," you muttered. "He has no idea who I am." Gray hugged you and you held back tears.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"We tried, but we weren't allowed to, tell him things," Gray whispered. "He has to remember on his own."

"Maybe he'll remember when he sees me," you hoped. Gray nodded. "Is his head okay?"

"He can walk around and stuff, back to normal physically, I'd say- all in a month, I'm pretty fucking proud." You nodded. "I'm sorry you couldn't come to the hospital." You shook your head.

"Not your fault." He shrugged. "He'll remember eventually."

"He's remembering a lot, now, so I'd give it about- a week?" You nodded. "Stay around him, but- yeah." You nodded.

"Of course." You sat patiently with Gray, waiting. "When?"

"Any minute now," he sighed. "Mom's bringing him here, she'll text me when they're out front and then I'll go-" you nodded and he stopped. "I hate that this happened- that fucking accident fucked everything over."

You sat together one the couch quietly, waiting for Lisa's text. And when it did, Gray gave you a smile and walked out the door to help his brother in. You gave Lisa a smile as she walked in with Ethan, Gray behind them, closing the doors.

"Hi," you whispered to your boyfriend, the same one you hadn't seen in a month. He looked at you for a moment before nodding.

"Hi."

He didn't remember.

"You feeling okay?" you asked. He nodded slowly, looking back at Gray. "That's good..." you trailed off as Ethan spoked to Gray.

"Where's my roo-"

"Yeah," Gray said quickly, leading his brother down the hall. You watched them walk away and Lisa gave your shoulder a squeeze.

"You okay?" You nodded. "He'll remem-"

"Oh shit, I remember!" E yelled. You smiled. "Oh- yeah, yeah, I remember the bathro- yeah!" Lisa smiled and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Are you staying?" you asked her. She shook her head.

"I have some stuff to do at home so I've got a flight to catch in an hour." You nodded. "I'll get going, okay?" You gave her a hug and let her out.

Once she'd gotten into the uber she'd come in, you walked to Ethan's room, listening in on their conversation. "I'm not dating her," E said. Your eyes widened and filled with tears. "There's no way in fuck I got a girl that pretty." Your tears slowed down as your heart fluttered.

"Well, I mean-" Gray sighed. "She's your girlfriend, man."

"Then why didn't she come see me in the hospital?" You played with your fingers.

"They wouldn't let her- she tried to come but, they only let in family." Ethan sighed and you waited quietly. "She really missed you man, and I know you don't remember shit but-"

"I can't just pretend to remember that I'm in love with her," E said. "That's fucked up man."

"Try to remember," Gray said. "She deserves that at the least." You heard E grunt in agreement.