shot//e.d

AN// TRIGGER WARNING: school shooting :( im sorry,, just wanted to say last time i forgot to add the numbers to the list of prompts but ive added them now, so you can just comment the numbers rather than commenting on each individual line :) sorry bout that, i love you <3

20: "Run."

29: "Just drop it, okay?"

30: "Shut your fucking mouth."

(y/n pov)

"Down, Ethan," You whispered, pulling Ethan down by the collar. You groaned as you heard footsteps walking into the room. You shut your eyes, opening them as you felt Ethan's hand on your arm. You put a finger to your lips and held your breath.

"Room's empty," You heard a deep voice say.

Opening your eyes you pleaded Ethan to stay quiet with your eyes. He grabbed your hand and squeezed it as your jaw fell slightly. The people in the room left, shutting it behind them. You let out a long-held sigh and fell back against the desk.

"Holy fuck," Ethan's muttered, falling against the other side. He let go of your hand and you take it back, missing the contact.

"Oh my god," You whispered, hand to your chest, suddenly at a loss for words. "I'm going to cry," You whispered. He shook his head.

You and Ethan hated each other. Absolutely despised one another. You couldn't stand being in the same room as him, and he you. Except, on this day of all days, your teacher had sent you both to get a few supplies from another teacher's office. Trying to delay the dissection of the frog you had volunteered, and wanting an excuse to leave class, Ethan had raised his hand.

What you didn't know, was there was a school shooting happening. I mean, who was to know? No one did. And you and Ethan happened to be arguing when an announcement went over the PA system, telling you it wasn't a drill.

"Everything's going to be fine," Ethan whispered. You were hidden under the teacher's the desk in the classroom you were in. You wiped a tear from your eye, leaning back against the inside of the desk. "Don't cry," He said, reaching a hand out to you. You swatted it away.

"Fuck you," You mumbled, smoothing out your jeans. Ethan sat back in his end of the desk before sitting up straight, jaw to the floor. "What?" You asked.

"Grayson," He said crawling out of the desk. You pulled him by his sweatshirt, back under the desk. "Y/N, I have to go get Grayson!" He practically yelled. You clamped a hand over his mouth as he stared at you wide-eyed.

"You can't go out there," You whispered. He shook his head and tried to go. You wrapped both arms around his own arm and pulled him back. "You'll put Grayson in even more danger by going back," You told him. Ethan shut his eyes and punched the desk. You grabbed his arm.

"This's fucked," He muttered. You stroked his arm and nodded. "Fuck."

"It'll be over soo-" And just as you said that there was a gunshot. Your eyes widened as you looked at Ethan. Tears filled your eyes and he pulled you close to him.

"Everything's gonna be okay," Ethan whispered into your ear, more to himself than to you. "It's going to be fi-" He was cut off by your principle on the PA.

"Students, this is your principal speaking. Everyone must evacuate the building, I repeat, all students and teachers must evacuate the building," You heard. You and Ethan stood up and you wiped away the tears on your face.

"Let's go, Ethan," You whispered, pulling on his arm. He nodded and followed you out the door and into the chaotic hallway. "Ethan," You said, as you turned to see him looking.