surprise party//e.d

AN// hey guys !! thank you all for over 150 followers and over 100k reads on my other book, i love you all <3 this one's an idea of my friend's, and its a little short, so sorry about that <3 love you all

TRIGGER WARNING: death of a grandparent :(

(y/n pov)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" You almost screamed as you felt a balloon hit you in the face.

You let your eyes adjust to the light and see Grayson and Ethan spraying silly string all over you. You gasp as it lands in your hair. "Guys!" You gasp. They laugh and pull you into the house, and there're all your friends, ready to celebrate.

You sigh and put a smile on your face and thank them. Ethan tackles you into a hug and pulls you in for a hug and you sigh, hands on his chest. "Surprise!" Grayson yells behind him, also pulling you in for a hug.

So this was what it was about.

You'd woken up, to know happy birthday texts or calls. Just a text from Ethan asking if you'd come help them with a few emails they had to send. You were hoping they'd forget.

Guess not.

"See, we didn't forget!" Ethan yelled, reading your mind. You smile and thank him once again, hugging him, getting silly string on his shirt.

"You guys really decorated this much?" You asked, looking around. They beamed and nodded. You sighed.

The thought was adorable.

You kissed Gray on the cheek before heading upstairs. "Where you going?" Ethan asked after you. You smiled, turning.

"Just need to change, baby, I'll be right there."

You headed to Ethan's room and sighed, shutting the door behind you. Leaning back on the door you looked around the room. The packaging of all the decorations remained, and a lot of ripped streamers and banners- probably in result of the twins fighting.

You sat on Ethan's bed and sighed. You really didn't want this. But you couldn't just tell them that. It wasn't fair to them. They'd planned this whole thing for you, you couldn't break their hearts like that.

So you wiped your tears and sighed, looking through E's closet for something of yours. And just as you finish getting dressed, and a few more tears are escaping, there's a knock on the door.

So you wipe away your tears and sigh. "Ye-ah?" You ask, voice cracking. Gray cracks open the door and grins.

"Ready?" He asks. You nod and smile. He frowns and slips in, locking the door behind him. "What's wrong?"

"What, no nothing- let's go down Gray," You say. His eyebrows furrow and sighs. "Gray they're probably waiting for us."

"Yeah, but you're upset," He points out. You shake your head. "Yes you are, I know you too well, what's wrong?"

"Nothing- you guys caught me off guard is all," You say, partially honestly. He sighs.

"You sure?"

"Positive."

So you head down with him. You smile and follow him, walking over to the table where your cake was awaiting. You smile, stepping behind the table, candles already lit. "Ready?" Ethan asked.

Man, he looked so happy.

"Yeah." And so they start singing to you. You shut your eyes tight and blow out the candles.

"Make a wish?" One of your friends asked. You nodded.

"Yeah." Lying straight through your teeth.

---

"I have a present," Ethan says with a smile. You sigh, pulling your hair up. You were to spend the night apparently.

"No, its okay, E, I've gotten enough presents," You say. He grins and shakes his head.

He pulls out the little box, wrapped terribly, and hands it to you. You smile, taking it. You sit on the edge of his bed and unwrap it carefully.

A necklace with his initials.

"Awh, E," You say with a smile. He shrugs and you give him a kiss. You pull away and he asks to put it on you and you let him, holding your hair back. "Thank you, Ethan."

He frowns. "Do you not like it?" You shake your head.

"Oh no, no, I love it E, its probably the best present I've gotten all day," You tell him honestly. He smiles at you and you smile back. "Thank you."

"How was the party?" He asked. "Me and Gray knew we were gonna do it for months now, but, you know, we waited 'till the last minute to actually do it," He laughed.

"It's okay, it was adorable, thank you," You say, getting up to brush your hair. Ethan sits up, a little frown on his face. "Really, E, thank you- and to Gray too-"

"You didn't like it."

You frown, looking at him through the mirror. "I did, E, why would you think otherwise?"

"I just know you, baby," He whispers. "Was it- was it too much, should we have kept it smaller?" He's upset now.

"No, no, nothing like that, baby, its okay," You sigh, crawling into bed with him.

He looks down at you as you lie down, rubbing a hand over your face. "I'm sorry."

"I'm literally saying it's fine, Ethan, leave it alone!"

He stares at you for a moment before he simply nods, lying down next to you.

He deserves an explanation and you know that. And so you let out a sigh and give him one.

"My grandma died today, a couple of years back," You whispered. He looks at you. "That's why I'm not really a big fan of birthdays."

"I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for."

It's quiet until he wraps his arms around you. "We shoulda asked before throwing the party." You gave him a sad smile.

"Wasn't the whole point for it to be a surprise?" He frowned and shrugged.

"Y/N?" You nod and move closer to him in his arms. "Sorry for being so ignorant."

"You wouldn't have known, it's okay," You whisper, kissing him softly. He sighed. "And it was lovely, adorable of the both of you."

"Yeah."

"And the necklace is gorgeous baby, thank you," You tell him, picking up the pendant. He smiles and shrugs.

"Love you so bad," He whispers. You laugh. "Happy Birthday, y/n."

"Thank you, E."