pointless//g.d

(y/n pov)

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Dolan," The doctor said with a frown. You sighed and looked over at Grayson, who had his head down but your hand in his nonetheless. "It's not impossible, but there's only a slight chance of you being able to conceive."

"I can't- I can't have a baby?" YOU asked, your voice barely above a whisper. The doctor sighed and gave you a small smile. "I-" Grayson squeezed your hand.

"It's- it's okay," He whispered. You shook your head.

The next hour was a blur for you. You left the doctors and Gray helped you into the car. You were quiet the whole way home and the second Grays closed the front door behind you, you broke into tears.

"Gray," You whispered, clutching onto his shirt as he wrapped his arms around you. You felt him squeeze your body and felt his head land upon yours. "I'm sorry," You whispered.

Marrying Grayson was the one thing you'd ever dreamed of. Ever since you met him, you both knew, you were each other's. And the one dream he had? Was to start a family.

You'd been trying, for months now, you and GRAY. But you just couldn't seem to get pregnant and to Lisa, it was becoming a concern. So she suggested that you go to the doctor.

And well, now you couldn't get pregnant. Your heart was almost literally broken. The one thing Grayson had ever wanted was children, he wanted to be a dad so bad.

And you couldn't even give him that.

"It's okay, baby," He whispered into your hair, peppering kisses all over your face as you pulled away. He wiped at your cheeks and you sighed, wiping your tears away with the back of your hand. "We can keep trying, okay? She said it wasn't impossible," Grayson assured you, pulling you into him once again. You nodded against his chest and felt him sigh.

You'd disappointed him.

"I'm sorry, Gray," You whispered. Grayson shook his head and you sighed. "I can't even-" He cut you off by pressing his lips to yours.

"I love you okay?" He asked. You nodded, engulfed in his arms. "No matter what."

---

"Hey baby," You said as you cleaned up a bit. "When're you coming home?" You asked. You heard a sigh on the other side.

"I don't know, they scheduled another meeting out of fucking nowhere in an hour and I don't even have the presentation ready," Grayson groaned. You smiled.

"You can do it," You assured him. You heard him groan again and you heard something getting crumpled up. "Gray, don't stress, you'll be okay," You said as you added more water into the vase of flowers Grayson had gotten for you for your last date.

"I, I know, I'll figure it out," He sighed. You smiled, shaking your head. "I don't know if I'll be home for dinner," He said. You nodded, even though he couldn't see you.

"That's okay, eat though okay, get E to bring you something," You said. You heard a noise of agreement and then pen scratching paper. "Do you want me to come?" You asked. He sighed.

"Traffics terrible today, babe, it's okay," You nodded again. "Don't wait up from me, go sleep when you're tired, I'll be home soon," He whispered. You nodded.

You and Gray said your byes and I love yous before hanging up. You finished with the plants before going over to the kitchen to put away the food you'd made.

And just as you were wiping the counter you caught glimpse of the flier. Sighing, you picked them up for the thousandth time and read it over, even though Gray had told you to let it go.