elevator//e.d

AN// so this is super short, and horribly written BUT I HAVE A VALID REASON. okay so one of my bestest friends gave me the idea for this imagine (so shout out to that gorgeous queen !!) and we were up talking until like 1 in the morning, and i had the whole imagine planned out. BUT THEN i googled lack of oxygen and elevators and stuff, and it turns out elevators aren't airtight, meaning you would be able to breathe in one if it got stuck. so i had to improvise because i really like the idea but i know nothing about claustrophobia, so i fucked it up and im really sorry ah this is really bad, you've been warned.

(y/n pov)

You groaned walking towards the elevator, Ethan not far behind you. "Great, everyone's already left." You said as you pressed the button to go down. You heard a laugh and turned around.

"Look who's fault that it," He said. You rolled your eyes at him and shook your head, mad at him all over again.

"My fault? You were the one who-" But you cut yourself short as the elevator opened. You sighed, walking in, Ethan right behind you.

You hated Ethan Dolan. The kid got on every one of your last nerves. He was so obnoxious and stupid and annoying and hot. Oh my god, he was so hot. You'd never admit that to him, or anyone, but he was. But he pissed you off, and everyone knew it. Y/N Y/LN and Ethan Dolan. Could never be friends.

You were on a class trip, to some large office building, learning how to make sure you're financially stable in the future. Ethan was in your economy class, and this was the first, and only, trip of the year. And now it was almost time to leave, and Ethan and you had been left behind while arguing.

You pressed the button to close the doors, but he snuck in, sending a smirk your way. You rolled your eyes, pressing the ground floor, leaning against the wall. Ethan rolled his eyes at you,  shoving his hands into his pockets, leaning against the opposite wall.

The elevator began to go down, and the feeling in your stomach formed, making you grab it. Ethan laughed as you did, and you rolled your eyes. You waited for the elevator to land in a minute or so, holding your stomach, both of you staring at each other in silence.

"What's happening?" Ethan asked, standing straight up. You shrugged, not wanting to make conversation with him. You sighed, looking around the elevator, as it came to a halt. You gasped as the elevator stopped but the doors didn't open.

"What the fuck?" You asked, looking at him. His eyes widened as he pounded at the elevator doors, which did not budge. Your body filled with anxiety as he pressed the emergency button repeatedly. "Oh my god," You whispered. Ethan turned to you, eyes filled with anger.

"This is all your fucking fault," He said. Your eyes widened as you became angry,

"My fault?! How's this my fault?" You asked. He groaned, leaning back into the elevator.

"If you weren't fucking yelling at me all the time, we wouldn't be here!" He screamed. Your eyebrows furrowed and you pointed at him.

"If you weren't a bucking idiot then I wouldn't have to yell at you in the first place, Ethan!" You yelled over him. The elevator jolted suddenly, making you fall forward into him. You gasped as your hands pressed against his chest. "Fuck," You muttered, standing up. You sighed, feeling your anxiety get the best of you.

"Are we gonna run out of oxygen?" He asked, and you could hear the fear n his voice. You sighed.

"No, elevators aren't airtight," You told him quietly, still feeling like you couldn't breathe. And being claustrophobic didn't help.

You gripped onto the railing as the emergency button failed on you. Turning red and becoming extremely sweaty, you slid down onto the floor. "You okay?" You heard Ethan ask. You nodded. "Hey, just breathe," He said, crouching down next to you.

"If I could, I would dumbfuck," You whispered. You gripped onto the front of his sweatshirt as helped you sit up. He chuckled softly as your mind went hazy.

"I tried 911, there's no reception," He told you, checking his phone again. You gave him a lazy smile, your palm finding his cheek.

"You're hot," You told him, unable to filter yourself. You felt as if you were about to pass-out, with every second that passed. "Like god damn," You said. Ethan's eyes widened as he raised his eyebrows.

"O-okay," He said, not having expected that from you. You gave him a smile and tried to sigh, only to get end up choking on your own breath. "You're okay," He said, trying to stay calm for you. Now he felt as if he was going to die.

"Let's make out," You said, voice hoarse. You had no idea what you were say ing now, but did it matter? No. "Give me CPR."

"I don't think that's a good id-" But before Ethan could finish, you pressed your lips to his. You pulled away, feeling even more faint, seconds later.

"I really fucking like you," You said. Ethan's eyes widened as his grip on you loosened. You weren't in control of what you were saying anymore and now all of your deepest secrets were pouring out.

"Y/N- I'm, uh, sorry for being an annoying asshole," He told you, thinking he was going to die. You let out a quiet laugh and shook your head. "I did that on purpose, to get on your nerves," He told you. You laughed again.

"It's okay because I like you," You said again before passing out in his arms.

---

You woke up in a hospital bed, with barely any memory of what had just happened. You sat up slowly, to see Ethan sitting in a chair near the bed. "What the fuck are you doing here?" You asked him. He looked up from his hands and stood up.

"Uh, y/n," He started. You cut him off.

"Just tell me what's happening," You said looking around the hospital, no idea why you were here. "Weren't we in an elevator?" You asked him. He nodded, his fingers playing with each other.

"We- uh yeah," You said. You groaned, falling back into your bed. "Look, if you're just gonna be a bitch, I can leave," He said. You nodded.

"Please," You said, pointing to the door. "Just leave, Ethan," You said, wanting him to go anyway. Maybe you did like him, but you weren't going to date an asshole.

"Fine," He said, storming out the room, slamming the door behind him. You sighed.

And it seemed that even if he liked you, he wasn't going to date a bitch.