tattoos//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING: self harm :( - im not saying that this is why- you'll see, why e got it, but i just thought- i dont know, but in no way am i saying that this is what he meant- but this is why i like the song and what it means to me so i just put a little twist on it.

(y/n pov)

"What?"

"What do you mean what?"

"We've got english in-"

"We can go tomorrow."

"Ethan-"

"You coming or?"

You frown and follow him out the side entrance of the school just as the bell rings. "Where are we-"

"Shut up, alright?" You shake your head and huff, letting out a puff of air in the cold.

"Thanks, huh?" He just glances back at you as you follow him down the road, near the forest by your school. "Ethan we're gonna get in tro-"

"All they do is send an automated message home, chill," He mutters, taking your hand to help you step over a log.

"A call- Ethan, what?" He shrugs. "What do you do, you never come to cla-"

"I gave the school some random number?" He said with an eye roll. "And blocked the school's number just in case."

"Oh my god."

"It's not that hard, y/n."

You walk in silence some more. You were probably missing an important lesson, what if something on the exam was taught, what if your teacher called home, holy-

"You like?" He asked, stopping. You walked into his back and looked up. He stepped aside, sticking his hands into his pockets as you looked around.

"I didn't know you could come down here," You whispered. yeah, there was a lake near the school, but you just thought the trees didn't actually lead to-

"Wanna get in?" He asked. You frowned.

"Ethan it's freezing." He shrugged, pulling off his sweatshirt.

This kid.

And soon, he was in the water, hissing. "Coming in?" He asked.

"I-I'm good, thanks." He shrugged you off and walked off into the water, getting his shoulders in to get used to the temperatu-

"Whatcha thinking?" he asked. Wow. How observant of him.

"What we could be missing right now," You say. He rolls his eyes, waving his arms around in the water. "Why'd you bring me here?" You asked.

"Thought you might like," He muttered, turning and walking off further into the water. Oh? He was done with talking.

You looked around for a clean place to sit, and he caught sight. "You can sit on my sweatshirt if you want," He said. You looked over, and he still wasn't facing you. He had a back tattoo?

"Thank you." You sat on it, setting the rest of his clothes in your lap.

"Yeah."

"Now what?" You asked. He turned and looked at you. "What now?"

"I- can take you back if you want," He muttered. You frowned.

"Well we're already here."

You sat in silence for a moment. "This is nice," You whispered. He looked at you. You nodded.

"Thought you'd like." You shrugged. "Thought of you when I found it," He muttered. You raised your eyebrows.

"When'd you find it?" He thought for a second.