fairytales//e.d

just to explain the concept a little: ethan's the main charater in a book you're reading and super into. after reading for hours, you wake up in a 'dream' with ethan, having what you'd call, the night of your life.

(y/n pov)

"Go to sleep!" you heard from the other room. Smiling to yourself you sighed, turning the page.

"Last chapter!" you yelled back.

"Y/N, put the book away." You smiled wide, reading as fast as you could before your mother could come in to pry the book away from you. It was two in the morning after all.

Sighing, you shut it, slipping a bookmark in place as you rested the book on your side table. You flicked the lights off, staring at the wall for a moment before you laid down, a smile on your face.

It was just that good.

It was one of those books where no matter how hard you try, you can't stop thinking about the plot, the characters, the events until you read something better. You shut your eyes tight, still smiling like an idiot. You thought about setting an alarm for early in the morning, so you could read before you headed off to school, but quickly realized that that would truly be insane.

Even though the book was so worth losing a few hours of sleep.

You drifted off to sleep eventually, not able to stop thinking about what had just happened. You'd ended on a cliffhanger too, thanks to your mom, and you needed to read the rest. You decided to make yourself wait, turning away from your nightstand entirely to push away from the book.

It was so fucking good, holy shit.

So good that you found yourself dreaming about it.

You frowned as you looked around. You'd seen this place before- where? Where could you have possibly seen- "Y/N!" you turned quickly, only to be met face to face with someone familiar. Too familiar.

"Wait-" You studied him for a moment.

"I'm Ethan." You both stared at each other. It can't be you thought.

"I'm y/n." You were both silent after that, taking in each other. Little did you know, he was just as shocked as you were. This had never happened before.

"Are you real?" you both asked at the same time. Your eyes widened as you reached out to poke his shoulder. He did it back. "Real," you both whispered, at the same time again.

"You were just reading-" he said at the time you said,

"Aren't you the character in my book?" You stared at each other some more, so confused. "What the hell is going on?" you asked, looking around.

"You're here- you're in the story!" You turned, taking in your surroundings once more. You were.

"How- how'd you- what the fuc- am I dreaming?" you asked. He stared at you.

"I-I don't know," he whispered. "But I can't believe you're here." You frowned.

"How do you even- if you're just in the story, how do you know who I am?" He opened his mouth to speak but you took a step back, whispering to yourself. "I'm actually going insane over a book."

"We can hear things, you know." You stared at him. Ethan Dolan, the main character of the fairy tale you were just reading, was live, right in front of you, looking exactly how you'd imagined him to be. "I hear your mom yelling at you all the time, to put us away." You raised your eyebrows.

"Us?" you asked. Ethan grinned, pointing behind him.

"Everyone in the story."

---