forgive//e.d - pt1

TRIGGER WARNING: consumption of alcohol

(y/n pov)

"Can I buy 'ya a drink?" You turned to see the guy sitting next to you. You couldn't see his face because he was facing forward and his hood was on. He probably couldn't see yours either. You shook your head.

"I'm okay, thank you." You ordered your own drink and sat on your phone.

"Are you with someone?" He asked. You turned to look at him. You shook your head.

"Uh- no." You went back to your phone and felt him turn to face you. You looked at him and your jaw dropped. "Oh my-"

"Fuck," He muttered. He turned back around, pulling his hood further down his face. He shook his head. "Nev-"

"You're Ethan," You whispered. "Ethan Dolan." He downed the rest of his drink and stood.

"Yeah- I'm gonna-"

"Oh my god." You stared at him. He looked so different now. "What the fuck, holy shit." He shook his head.

"I'm gonna go, forget you saw me, alri-"

"Wait, I was such a huge fan, holy shit." He frowned. "Like, your face as my lockscreen huge, I- wow, I can't believe I'm meeting you," You said with a laugh.

"Well, thanks," He said with a nod. You smiled and nodded back.

"I was a fan back in, highschool, I think?" You laughed, remembering. "Holy, I- wow, this is crazy."

"Yeah, nice to meet you."

"Y/N," You said, thinking you were filling in his sentence. He nodded.

"Cool."

"Wow, you guys like, wiped off of the internet, where'd you g-"

"Look, I have to go, y/n, it was nice meeting you though." You opened your mouth to say something but he was already walking away. You watched him leave before turning back to your drink.

"That guy comes in about every day," The bartender told you. "If you wanna see him again, eleven o'clock tomorrow, same seat." You nodded.

"Do you know who-"

"No, but he's been through some shit- depressed as fuck in my opinion." The bartender walked away and you frowned, staring at your glass.

---

"Hey," You said, slipping into the same barstool as the day before. He turned and groaned.

"What the fuck?"

"I just wanted t-"

"Can I buy you a drink?" A guy asked from behind you. You turned and smiled, shaking your head.

"No thank you," You said politely.

"Come on, baby, just one?" You shook your head.

"Uh, I'm okay."

"Here, I'll get-"

"She said no, man, drop it." You looked back at Ethan. The guy frowned at him. "Leave her alone."

"You here with this guy?" The guy asked you. You blinked. "If you aren't I don't see why-"

"She said no." You looked down as the guy who'd asked to buy you a drink walked away, grumbling to himself. "Sorry." You shook your head.

"No, thank you," You said with a smile. You watched him drink, clinking the ice around.

"Why are you here?" He asked. You sighed as the bartender walked over.