miscarriage//e.d

TRIGGER WARNING: miscarriage :(

(y/n pov)

"This isn't a good idea, babe," He sighed. You pulled your mask on. "I know you want to show your support, but maybe protesting isn't-"

"I don't feel like I'm doing anything at all," You sighed. "I'll just be peacefully protesting, nothing bad's going to happen." He frowned.

"I'm just scared- stay home with Gray's kids, baby, it's not safe out there."

"Ethan, please, nothing bad'll happen, I promise." He frowned and you pulled your mask down to press a kiss to his lips. "It'll be okay."

"Stay by me, okay?" You nodded and took his hand. "And nothing more than-"

"Ethan," You sighed. He nodded and got on his knees. You ran a hand through his hair as he pressed a little kiss to your little bump.

"I just don't want anything happening to that little guy."

"It could be a girl," You said with a smile.

"It's totally a boy."

---

"Wh-"

"E-"

"Do you want me to come inside- are you crying, y/-"

"Ethan, the baby-" You cried. He frowned from his side of the door. He leaned against the door.

"Y/N?" He asked. "Open the door?"

"Ethan-" You cried, head in your palms.

"Open the door, baby?" You cleaned up after yourself and opened it as he asked, collapsing into him. "Y/N- what happened?"

"The baby-" You whispered. "I- I'm bleeding, E-"

"What?" He held you up by the arms. "What do you mea-"

"I'm bleeding," You cried even louder. Ethan's face fell as he held you with limp arms. "I think-"

"A lot? I'm sure everything's ok-"

"No, E, it's not- I'm not- '' You cried into his chest, fisting his t-shirt. "I'm sorry, Ethan-"

"Did anything happen during the protest?" He asked, looking down at you. "Anything tha-"

"An officer kic-"

"I swear to fuck-" He turned to leave.

"Ethan!" He turned back to you. "It's-"

"If you say this is okay- y/n you lost our fucking child." You closed your eyes, tears streaming down your cheeks.

"I know, I didn't thin-"

"Of course you didn't!" You shut your eyes. "I told you, y/n, I told you something bad would happen and you didn't fucking listen to me!"

"Ethan-" He shook his head, hands running over his face. "I'm sorry, E-"

"Stop apologizing," He grumbled. You cried into your hand, dropping onto the bed. He swore some more, kicking the dresser, then the seat of his drum set. "Fuck-"

"Ethan-"

"What'd he do?" He asked. You wiped at your face. "I didn't let you finish, what'd the fucker do?"

"He kicked me." Ethan dropped onto his seat and covered his face with his hands. You cried some more and could hear him do the same. "E-"

"I told you, so many times, y/n, I told you to stay home-"