Roommates with Royalty

Author's Note: This is the second edit crossoverLIFE19 did for Easter. 😊

         It seems after the strange weather reception, few people want to share a room with me. This leads to a lot of confusion until I'm shoved into the king's room to bunk with him. While the thought doesn't repulse me, as I could have been stuck with much worse choices, I don't find comfort in it. I'm now rooming with a guy who finds it necessary to help me unpack one backpack and a small roller suitcase - I think I can manage without that. Not to mention how ridiculously large his room is - and he didn't even start out with a roommate! This single room is almost bigger than my dad's cave. 

        "Will you be comfortable here?" King Ben asks as I shove my meager pile of clothes in one of the dressers. 

       "Yeah. I slept in a hanging cage, I think I can live here," I reply with sarcasm dripping off my tongue. 

      "Your father locked you in a cage!?" Ben yells out, his eyes wide with his jaw hanging open in horror. 

        Repulse zips through my soul at his bold remark, and anger immediately fills my gut once more. 

        "No! We lived underground! We had large hanging cages on the ceiling for rooms. The ground floor was where we ate and cooked," I snap, rolling my eyes to try and hold back another storm. 

       "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to assume-" 

       "Then don't!" 

        I return to unpacking, using my anger to aggressively shove everything where it belongs for now. I ignore Ben's sympathetic gaze as I move about; I mean, what's it to him? Not like he should care about what the Boogeyman's kid thinks. 

        I unpack my shoes and set it on a desk near my bed, finally forcing my movements to slow as to keep them protected. Ben looks at them curiously. 

      "These were the last Christmas gift Mommy made for me," I say, not looking at Ben. 

       "What happened to her?" 

        "She died." 

        "I'm so sorry."

         "Daddy could've saved her and my baby sister if it wasn't for that barrier keeping out his magic," I snap quietly, keeping my eyes on my bag.

        Ben remains quiet after that, leaving me to finish unpacking. My stuffed horse lays on my bed, my book of dark fairy tales on the shelf, and my staff always by my side. I stay in my room all night; bringing my dinner to the room and eating on one of the many, large window seats. I'm not going to socialize if I don't have to. Though,that means I'll be forced to tomorrow - I have school, including Remedial Goodness101. Just the name leaves me scoffing with how much propaganda comes from that one phrase. 

        Finally, I set up for the night. Leaving the tray in the hallway on top of one of the trash cans, I move to the room to get comfortable in one of the beds. I lay down, gently setting my head on the pillow as I curl around my little horse. I don't notice when Ben comes in - if he ever does. I simply close my eyes, wishing for the warm that only my dad can bring me. It's my first night away from him, and I already feel the loneliness slipping into my heart. 

        "Good night, Daddy. I miss you," I whisper into the silent night, a single tear running down my pale cheek as I force myself to sleep.

 I miss you," I whisper into the silent night, a single tear running down my pale cheek as I force myself to sleep

Author's Note: A new chapter at last. So Jack's really anti-social right now. And he's roommates with Ben! Let's see how he does in Goodness class! 😈 Please vote, comment, and share this chapter! Thank you! 😊

❄❄❄❄❄❄