Where the North Wind meets the Sea

[Flashback chapter featuring Iduna and Seraphina]

Across from Arendelle, was a mysterious forest that was guarded by four spirits of fire, water, earth, and air. It was an enchanted place, that was inhabited by a tribe called the Northuldra or The People of the Sun.

In this tribe were two little girls. Their names were Iduna and Seraphina. Both were younger sisters. The elder sisters being, Ariana and Toothiana. These two girls were best friends. Very close. And though they didn't know it, their paths would continue to cross even after they parted for the last time...

Iduna was the closest to the guardian spirits of the forest. She especially was fond of Gale, the Wind Spirit. She was always exploring the forest, unafraid of the magic within it.

Seraphina was half-Northuldra. She also was a princess of Santoffclausen. Her father was King North Overland. Her mother was the leader of the Northuldra. Her name was Yelana but more well-known as Mother Earth. Seraphina had inherited nature powers from her.

These two girls had grown closer over the years. Especially, after their sisters left to study in far off royal boarding schools. Ariana went to Corona to study and Toothiana went to learn in Santoffclausen.

So, imagine their horror when they heard Seraphina also would be moving to Santoffclausen!

Seraphina had shrieked she wasn't going. She had stirred up a storm and left her home in a huff.

Iduna had begun to silently cry when she heard she was losing her best friend.

Why had this happened.

The two girls took a walk in the woods. They didn't speak just held hands and tried not to think about how they wouldn't be able to tomorrow.

Just then gale swept them up!

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!" The girls screamed clinging to each other as the tornado carried them up. They were flown over the dark sea! Iduna clutched Seraphina tighter.

"I think Gale's taking us to Ahtohallan."

"You believe it exsists?" Seraphina stared at Iduna in suprise.

"Yes. And look..."

Iduna pointed to an icy fortress ahead.

Gale set them gently down. Iduna shivered. She was freezing. Seraphina used her powers to make a small warmth within them. 

"Why do you think we're here?" Seraphina asked.

"I think we need to know something only Ahtohallan can tell us."

"Well, let's try not to go too far. We don't wanna get drowned."

The girls ventured in. Gale seemed to direct them to where they should go. Then they saw it!

They saw their past before them and then the future....

Seraphina saw herself in a dark green gown. She was Mother Nature and she was holding hands with a tall dark knight. He looked scary but Seraphina could see her future self loved him.

Iduna saw herself as a child meeting the Prince of Arendelle! And saw a battle between her people and his! Then she saw her save the prince and Gale carry them to Arendelle. She saw herself grow up in Arendelle and marry the prince, now king. She was Queen of Arendelle. And she was the mother of two princesses!

Iduna and Seraphina smiled. Their future was bright! Then they saw more...

Seraphina saw herself and her lover torn apart. She saw that she was to be married to another man! And her knight, to save her, unintentionally caused the deaths of a troop of soldiers. 

"No..." Seraphina gasped in horror.

She followed the visions. She saw her and her true love hated by everyone.

Iduna then saw one of her daughters had snow powers she could not control. Her daughter lived in fear, shutting everyone out.

Iduna clasped her hands to her mouth in horror. 

Seraphina saw her family condemn her and her now husband to an island prison cut off from their power. 

She saw she had a son. And that it was a difficult birth. Seraphina winced in pain. Then she learned the magic-hindering barrier had stunted her child's magical health.

Iduna saw her daughter grow more scared until she and her husband decided to travel to Ahtohallan for answers.

Before they girls could go any farther, Gale swept them away from the memory river.

Seraphina gasped in anger. Iduna was trembling. 

"Why!?" Seraphina demanded. "Why did you have to show us that!?"

 Iduna stood up. "We deserve to know."

Then a large light flooded on the cavern walls, revealing an image.

A young man and woman with ice powers. 

"This is your son, Seraphina. And this is your daughter, Iduna. They are destined to bridge the worlds that will be torn by fear. Peace and Harmony, the answers lie in them. Your children are destined to meet and unite both your families."

Iduna and Seraphina gazed, wide-eyed at their future children. They held hands. They were truly going to be family one day. And whatever came, it was not the end!

🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁❄🍁

Author's Note: I finally got this chapter ready! And it is a flashback/prophecy chapter! I hope you guys liked my twists in this story. And thank RavenDragon643 for this update. She helped me with my writer's block. Please vote, comment and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗