A Heart-to-Heart Over Cocoa

Author's Note: This is another beautiful edit done by crossoverLIFE19. Thank you. 🤗

          Strolling beside Elsa, I scan our surroundings. Slowly, the ice caves and winter-wonderland becomes a whole town. One with beaming townsmen rising with the sun and a homey cheer to it. Being convinced to visit Elsa's home castle wasn't part of the plan (the one where I was supposed to be miles away from Boradon already). Though, even if I wanted to greet the sinking feeling in my gut proving this to be the wrong decision - I can't. Walking through the town with everyone greeting me and their queen with cheer and kindness, nothing put me on edge. It could be due to the comfort that with one wrong thing I can simply fly away (most likely to happen once Elsa learns of my heritage). Though, it feels like something else guides me through Arendelle. 

           Looking at the beauty beside me; seeing her proper smile, her eyes gleaming with mirth and pride, and the pep in her step keeping up with my stride. I know, somewhere within my reasonings, she's the very thing that makes me stay. She keeps the wind behind me - out of reach yet a comforting presence none-the-less. I couldn't tell her no - and I still can't. Even as the palace walls loom over us and almost covers me in shadows.

       "Open the gates!" Elsa calls, her voice ringing around us with her command

       "This is home?" I question, slinking back a bit as the gates slowly whirl open. 

       "Yes," Elsa confirms, sending me another smile before looking back to her castle, "It does seem a little big." 

        "It looks pretty amazing." 

         Not as amazing as the ice version, though, I muse. 

       "Thank you." 

      As the doors finally settle, Elsa leads the way inside her palace. Unlike Boredon, as I expected it to be, the palace doesn't fill me with dread. It doesn't greet an uncomfortable air, or even a small itching of misplacement. In fact, as we stroll through the large galleries of paintings and gleaming statues - I can't help butcompare it to home. Everything is warm - even the servants send brief smiles and polite nods as they pass. It makes me sink into myself - my surroundings blurring until I'm wandering away from Elsa's side. Moving further into the maze - a grin starts settling on my lips. 

      Just ahead of me a two-seater bicycle leans against a one-armed knight. The sight almost makes me snort, imagining something like that being found at the Beast's palace. Everyone would flip - calling their new queen and king 'improper'. How a town so unlike the wretched kingdom can be a part of it escapes me. The kingdoms are nothing alike. 

      "Who are you?" A soft voice rings through the once-empty room. Turning around, I flinch back. A red-head stands just behind me, her blue eyes scrutinating me. While the look is familiar, I don't find myself tense. For, within her gaze is no hatred or spite, but simple curiosity. Must be Elsa's sister. 

       "Jack," I answer. 

      She nods slowly, her squint growing for a moment. Until she finally breaks the impending silence, sticking her hand out with a grin. "Anna." 

      I take it and begin to bring it up to my lips. As every princess in Boredon expects, I had the full intention of kissing her outstretched hand. However, Anna pumps my hand in a hearty handshake, almost shaking my entire body with it. Definitely Elsa's famous sister. 

       "Nice to meet you, Jack. Are you new here?"

        "Yeah," I answer, taking back my numbing hand, "Elsa invited me for some hot cocoa..." I trail off, looking up to see her eyes widen and her grin grow almost ferocious.

" I trail off, looking up to see her eyes widen and her grin grow almost ferocious

         "Really!?" She squealed. I jump at her reaction, bringing my hand to my racing heart. "Hey, Elsa!? Is this your boyfriend!?" 

        My mouth drops, along with my staff. Elsa, who had just entered the room, dropped her tray of hot cocoa in shock. The worst part of that awkward moment was making eye-contact with a blushing queen. 

      Or, maybe, the best.

❄💙❄

Author's Note: Yay! I've updated! And now Anna's met Jack and is now a hardcore Jelsa shipper! Yay! Please comment, vote, and share this chapter thank you!