Unexplainable Instinct

Author's Note: This chapter was edited by crossoverLIFE19. Thank you so much!

(Jack's POV) 

(Jack's POV) 

        A content sigh passes through my lips as I slowly set my cup of hot cocoa down. I melt into the couch, allowing Anna's constant chatter to fill the large living quarters. The whole scene brings a slow smile twitching at my lips. The gentle fire crackling in the chimney, the familial - playful -bickering, and the reassuring presence of a friend. All a reminder of what my family was, and what we could have been. The thought makes my smile droop as my eyes trail towards the towering windows. Somewhere out there, the last family I have is trapped - probably forced to rot away insolitude on an island that hates him. 

      "Jack?" 

        The call brings my attention back, my awareness shifting away from the past as I focus on the room. I catch sight of Anna flinging herself onto her boyfriend, Kristoff Bjorgman, who chuckles as he catches her. The moment brings Anna into a fit of laughter that echoes within the walls, and a warmth back into my cold heart. A fleeting suspicion crosses my mind when I realize the similarity Bjorgman holds to my old coach's last name, but all of it is pushed away when I connect eyes with the queen of Arendelle. 

      "Are you okay?" Elsa asks, leaning closer to me. 

      With little hesitation, I grin back at her; "I'm great." 

      The small smile she returns brightens the room, even when her attention moves back to her sister. I can't bring myself to do the same, content to simply watch the way her eyebrows scrunch in when she smiles. If things had been different, maybe if I had met her during a fancy event back at Auradon, then we could have been something more. Or maybe not - at Auradon I'm nothing but a cheating, no-good villain. Ripping my sight away from Elsa, a glance out the windows makes me tense as a flash of black streaks by. 

     That doesn't make sense - he's on the island

      The thought has me rising off of the couch and grabbing my staff, blocking out anything the others begin to say. When I reach the windows, I gently push them open and hover over the balcony. For a moment it's painfully silent; no rushing winds, no animals stirring, no citizens meandering. And then another streak of black flies past. I twist around, my breath catching as yellow eyes peer at me from the corner of the castle. 

       "Daddy?" I call, my voice is weak and quiet. 

        For a moment, nothing happens. I faintly recognize gentle foot-falls approaching me from behind, but I can't tear my eyes away from the nightmare that gradually prances closer. We stare at each other for what feels like an eternity, the meaning behind its presence slowly crushing my lungs. And then it's bolting away, a trail of sand in its wake. I lurch forward, attempting to chase after it before I can think it through. 

      "Jack!" The call is accompanied by a hand on my arm, and I stutter in flight. Elsa stares up at me, her eyes are wide and worried. "What's going on - what was that?"

         I look after the mare, its sand fading within the clouds

         I look after the mare, its sand fading within the clouds. Peering down at Elsa, I slowly lower myself to crouch on her balcony railing. "It's alright, everything's okay. But I have to go now," I try to comfort her, bringing my free hand up to grab the one she uses to clutch to my sweater. "I think my family needs me." 

        I can see her hesitate, her hand shaking as it holds mine tighter. I return the gesture, sending her a smile as I meet her eyes. Finally, she nods back at me and releases her hold. "Okay," she says, stepping away from me. "Just be safe." 

         "Always," I promise her, sending a smile back to Anna and Kristoff - the couple standing behind Elsa, holding each other's hands as they watch the moment unfold. Both of them are worried, and it's obvious within their body language. Within only a few hours, I got more friends today than I've had for a long time. I sigh, spending another precious moment to engrave all of their features into memory. If only things were different - if only I was someone else. Spinning around, I push off after the speeding mare, forcing myself not to look back. Looking back will make me hesitate - and I can't do that when my dad needs me.

❄❄❄❄❄❄

❄❄❄❄❄❄

Author's Note: I apologize for the wait. But now the wait is over and the next chapter is here! Jack is going to find his Daddy. What IS Pitch planning though? Please vote, comment, and share this chapter. Thank you. 🤗

Also I have a new Jelsa fanfic: Frost and Snow. ❄💙❄ Please check it out, if you have time! Thank you again!🤗🤗🤗