A Castle Made of Ice

Author's Note: This edit was created by crossoverLIFE19 enjoy! 😊

       Staring up at the elegant, icy beauty in front of me - I let my thoughts quiet

       "Wow.." I breathe, little to none embarrassed to let the words slip out. 

       "Are you okay?" She asks, the sudden question bringing attention to the fear etched on her face. "Are you lost?" 

       Shaking my head a little, everything meets back up with me. The reason I'm in a foreign land, talking to a beautiful stranger and hiding in a cave. Not willing to admit it out loud, I simply move my interests to the floor. 

        "Can you understand what I'm saying?" A spike of irritation greets her question - Does she think I'm some stupid oaf? 

       "Yes!" I snap, glaring up at her. My anger wavers, a wash of regret flowing over me as she flinches back. "And no, I'm not lost," I mumble, taking care to quiet my voice and look back to the floor. 

        "So you just climbed the coldest mountain in Auradon...barefoot?" 

         "I-I'm still in Auradon!?" I throw my hands up in frustration, barely flinching as I smack one of the icicles. 

          "Did you run away?" 

         "More like flew away." 

         My comment earns a curious, almost suspicious look - her face scrunching up in a way I can't help but find adorable. "Aren't you freezing?" She asks, bringing her attention to my clothes. 

          Glancing back down at my outfit, I stuff my hands into my loose hoodie, pairing with some pants I managed to pack. "The cold never bothered me. Besides," I pause, looking at her dress and heels in turn, "aren't you freezing?" I incline an eyebrow, holding back a smirk as she observes her outfit soon after. 

          "Oh, the cold doesn't bother me either." 

         "How come?"

       "Well...it's natural. Because," another pause breaks her sentence, and she walks to the cavern's ledge. 

       I inch closer, watching her with a curious edge as she stares out in the night sky. By now, the storm ceased. Where the fog and hail had covered up is now an array of constellations and a field of mountains. Moving my attention back to Elsa, I meet her stare with a raised brow. Suddenly, with only a wave of her hand, a flurry of snow rises into the clear sky. My eyes grow twice the size, quickly moving closer without a second thought as I look to the clearing snow.