The Next Right Thing

Author's Note: This chapter is going to have some very sad parts. I recommend you get some tissues and prepare yourself emotionally. Sorry in advance. 😢

But let me assure you after this chapter the worst will have finished. Enjoy! 🤗

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

(Nightlight/Jack's POV)

I flew side by side with my dad on my left and Hiccup riding Toothless riding on my right. Merida and her lightfury, Whisp, also flew with us. Merida's bow ready to fire.

A ghost of a smile slipped on my face. I wasn't doing this alone. I knew Anna and Kristoff was onboard one of the Arendelle Armada's ships. And so was Rapunzel and Eugene on their ship. Notre Dame was actually using their few commercial boats to assist the Isle evacuation. I'm so touched by their willingness to put themselves at risk for the Isle.

Then we approached the Island. The place I was born. The place my sister was born. The place where she and our mother met their untimely deaths. I blink back tears. I need to focus.

"OK! Remember the plan!" Hiccup yelled out, "Evacuate, then eliminate the island and bridge. We DON'T want casualties!"

We all yelled back, "By your command!" and saluted.

The Isle was CHAOS.

Everyone was rushing about. Some were already on makeshift boats, hoping to escape before the barrier reappeared. I saw Uma trying to help her crew.

"ATTENTION ALL OF YOU!" Maleficent thundered. Everyone froze in shock. For there was their leader who they hadn't seen for almost two years, and now was flying with gigantic wings and an army of others similar to her.

"Do not panic. All of you shall regain your freedom. Now get ready and board the vessels available to escape this wretched rock."

Maleficent gestured to the approaching ships.

The Isle residents needed no further invitation.

They practically stampeded to the ships.

But as they were beginning to board, Hiccup yelled from above, where he was looking out with his spyglass, "Auradon Guard ships approaching!"

The Isle started panicking again. And the next announcement didn't help either: "Also, Mal, in her dragon form."

That's when we started getting a little panicked.

Maleficent flew ahead in Auradon's direction.

"Malef!" Hades called after her.

Maleficent paused. 

"That's not a good idea."

"Hades-"

"NO! You know I'm right, Maleficent."

Maleficent looked away but obeyed.

Huh. What was that about?

But I need to focus on the evacuation.

I immediately swoop to help Dad who currently is helping the Isle orphans from Carlos' Home for Lost Isle girls and boys. Each bright eyed child looks a little scared and excited as I lift them up and fly them to Anna and Kristoff's ship.

Rapunzel and Eugene are helping Gothel! And Gothel's daughter, Cassandra. Not to mention, Varian, Cassandra's Husband and their daughter, Giata or Ginny.

Wow. Rapunzel was serious when she wanted to forgive and forget.

Which reminds me....I fly over to Cruella De Vil's home. And there she was trying to pack ALL her furs!