Corona Makes a Choice

(Rapunzel's POV)

I cancelled my meetings for this evening. I'm too disturbed to focus on trade and politics. I rub my forehead. I couldn't believe I was involved in an operation to imprison children just for being born!

I'm no better than Moth-Gothel. No better than the woman who kidnapped me and raised me in a tower for eighteen years of my life. I brush away a tear. Pascal cuddles closer to me, in sympathy. I stroke his head.

A knock sounded on the door. I sigh and take a deep breath. "Come in!" I say in a forced cheery tone. Eugene entered.

"Sorry to bother you, Blondie, but it seems your cousins came to talk."

Elsa and Anna?

"Send them, Eugene."  What do they need to talk about?

"  What do they need to talk about?

Anna and Elsa entered. My cousins on my mom's side of the family. Their mother, Iduna, was my mom, Ariana's older sister. My mom was raised in Arendelle and later married my dad, King Fredrick of Corona.

My Aunt Iduna married a brave soldier of Arendelle, my Uncle Agnarr. They were all there at the celebration of my birth.

 They were all there at the celebration of my birth

Now here we were. I was Queen of Corona and Elsa was Queen of Arendelle. Not to mention, Anna the Warrior Princess of Arendelle. 

Elsa and Anna curtsy to me. I smile and curtsy back. 

"Hi Elsa, Anna." I take their hands in mine. They looked quite grave, not smiling. "Has something...else happened?" I asked. Hopefully not...

"Rapunzel, me and Anna decided to come here because we believed you should hear it from us directly not by a letter or ambassador."

This sounded serious. I nod.

"I've chosen to withdraw Arendelle from Auradon."

"What?" I did not expect that.

Anna frowned. "They've lied to us about their pasts and methods. They made their own battles ours!"

"Yes, Anna, I agree. Just, y'know, that kind of decision often leads to...war." I whisper the last word.

Elsa looked a bit regretful but resolute. "Arendelle will have part in Auradon's unspeakable crimes no longer." 

She was serious.

"I only wished to tell you Arendelle's side, just in case you here about it later from Auradon. I'm not trying to make you do anything, Rapunzel. I just thought you should hear it first-hand."

I take a deep breath. "Thank you for telling me, Elsa, Anna." We group hug. Then they left, to return to Arendelle to inform about their new situation.

I don't know how this new situations will be resolved or if they even will; but I know which side I'll join

I open my E-mail.

To all of Auradon's leaders:

Recently I have both seen and heard of what happened on Auradon Prep's grounds. Hades and Pitch Black escaping, and Pitch's son joining them; but I wish to adress a different issue. Those so-called villains revealed hidden, unspeakable acts commited by Auradon's own leaders who claimed to be heroes and champions of good. Yet, for all your claims, you have proven to be just as bad as the ones you've condemned...if not more. I have been informed by my cousins, Queen Elsa of Arendelle and Princess Anna of Arendelle, that Arendelle is no longer a state of Auradon due to this aforementioned circumstance. And now Corona will do the same. It is withdrawn from the United States of Auradon. 

I, 

Queen Rapunzel of Corona, am its sole and rightful ruler.

And I clicked the button to send it to Auradon's international buffet.

☉☉☉☉☉☉☉

Author's Note: My first chapter with Rapunzel's POV! Hooray! I hope you all liked it. Now Auradon no longer has control of Arendelle OR Corona! Please vote, comment, and share this chapter. Thank you! 🤗