Lie Two : Are you excited?

While Yoongi was taught that the scars were despicable, Jung Hoseok was not.

He was taught the other side of the two sides.

Unlike Yoongi, Hoseok was full of scars. On his arms, legs, back, and abdomen. Another thing about the cuts, if you lie about the same thing over and over again new scars will appear near the original one. Instead of the scar just becoming deeper. When you finally tell the truth about that topic, all the scars that are related to it will disappear.

Hoseok was in a very supportive family, they were extremely accepting and were well aware of the difficulties in life. Which was the main reason they are so accepting of the scars, they knew it was apart of life. Lying was something you sometimes couldn't avoid, its why Ms. Jung and Mr. Jung both have a hefty amount of scars on the both of them.

Both parents knew you could make up for your lies and they hoped they could make up for their own and their children could too when it came down to it.

Hoseok didn't have a bad life, but that didn't stop the ongoing depressive thoughts that coursed through his mind.

He wasn't the most handsome guy, wasn't the smartest, wasn't the fittest, wasn't the most talented, wasn't naturally cool like so many people around him. These insecurities started when he was in sixth grade, when puberty began. Hoseok had acne, severe acne, braces to help his teeth, and his attire wasn't the best brand because his parents didn't have much money for all those brands like Gucci and Louis Vuitton. And it didn't help when he was outed as gay to the whole entire school.

Hoseok was thankful for what he had, he was thankful for his accepting parents, and was well aware that he was lucky to have a roof over his head and food on the table. That, though, didn't stop the thoughts of suicide he had when he was in middle school.

People who may have seemingly good lives, can still have mental health issues as well.

Hoseok was bullied when he was in sixth grade up until his sophomore year of high school, and he refuses to tell his parents anything about it. He didn't want to worry them or his elder sister. He didn't want to be a burden to them.

The bullies only stopped when Hoseoks friends NamJoon, Soyeon, and Jeongyeon, were present but when they weren't around the bullies would go at Hoseok with every insult they had, sometimes hurting him physically. All of this bullying leading to his depression and anxiety.

The male had a best friend named Kim Seokjin, the male defended him against every single bully that came his way. He made Hoseoks life better. Though he moved when Hoseok started high school and he hasn't heard much from him ever since.

Even though Hoseok was going through all of this he had a knew hope for the school year. He got his braces off, his face has become clearer, and he even dyed his hair red for a change.

He wanted to believe he was okay, he wanted to get better, it was his last year of high school! He should he happy.

Though he couldn't stop the dread that made itself obnoxiously present in his mind.

"Hey honey!" Hoseoks mother greeted, a bright smile on her face, "Are you excited for your last first day of high school?"

"Definitely!" Hoseok beamed, a cut forming on the lower part of his back at the lie but his expression didn't falter. The cut wasn't deep since it wasn't a severe lie.

He was used to the pain of the cuts, if anything, he liked them. The cuts helped him hide his cuts from self harm, even if they didn't necessarily look the same.

The scars looked more like tinted lines on your skin while his self harm was red and scabbed, no one noticed the difference though. Scars from simple lies were close to the same skin tone as your own, while deeper cuts are much lighter and hurt a bit more when they form and a bit after.

The cuts felt like getting a paper cut, but the lasting pain of a paper cut wasn't present. The cuts pain stops after it is created on the body, unless it is extremely deep. Which is why people wince when a cut forms on the body, it stung.

Hoseoks mother continued to smile, "Well here's your smoothie, I heard Jeongyeon's car outside."

Hoseok smiled, kissing his mother's cheek before he left, "Thanks, love you mom!"

"Love you too!" Ms.Jung shouted after him, chuckling to herself when she realized he wouldn't have heard her.

<><><>

"Are you excited about the first day?" Namjoon asked Hoseok, the two sitting in the back seat while Jeongyeon and Soyeon were in the front.

"Totally," Hoseok lied, the cut appearing on his neck this time. Namjoon noticing it.

Namjoon sighed, "Quit lying, Seok."

Hoseok rolled his eyes before groaning, why couldn't it have appeared somewhere they wouldn't see it? "Fine, I'm not excited. I'm dreading it."

Just like that, the cut disappeared from Hoseoks skin. The place where it once laid now empty, his tan skin the only thing showing.

Namjoon nodded, appreciating his honesty, "Why aren't you?"

"Because Namjoon," Hoseok whined, crossing his arms over his chest as he pouted, "this year is probably going to be hell like the others!"

"Hey!" Soyeon shouted, her eyes narrowing when she stared at Hoseok, "It's our last year! Let's make the most of it. Seokie you look fantastic, if those bullies bother you then tell them to fuck off because you're amazing!"

"What she said," Jeongyeon agreed as she pulled into the student parking lot, once she did she turned to face Hoseok, "it's our last year, keeping that in mind may help."

Hoseok nodded, smiling at his friends, "Yeah," he mumbled, "maybe it will."

a/n
Thank you for over 400 views and over 100 votes, you're all literally angels 😳