Lie BC; What if?

Begins from Chapter 33 of Lie.
Grab your tissues. In case ya need a good cry, because author-nim is feeling super angsty :|
If you have a VERY weak heart, this may not be the chapter for you

Yoongi wiped his tears as he looked at the ID, it was Hoseok's mother. With a deep shaky breath he answered the phone.

Having no idea what news he'd be getting on the other line.

He raised the phone to his ear, his heart ripping in two when he heard Hayoon's relentless sobs, "Hayoon?" he inquired, biting his bottom lip to keep himself from shaking, "is he okay?" he asked, hoping the answer would be a joyful yes.

Alas, it wasn't.

Another ear splitting cry rang from Hayoon and the next thing Yoongi knew, his mother was speaking to him and giving him the news Yoongi never wanted to hear, "Yoongi..." she began, her voice trailing off before she continued, "we lost him, they couldn't save him from how much blood-"

He didn't hear the rest.

The phone fell from Yoongi's hand, his eyes tearing up as his breath completely left his body. And when he began breathing again, it was labored and he doubled over in pain from the news. Loud sobs were leaving his lips, his eyes shut as he screamed and cried for Hoseok, because he couldn't accept the fact his sun, his happiness, was gone.

He's felt this kind of pain once, but this time it came back to really tear him apart.

Memories of he and Hoseok crashed into his mind like waves, harsh tides that wanted to whisk him away. Yoongi didn't care about his clothes getting dirty from the wet grass, or the unconscious Hui mere meters away from him, or Taehyung and Jimin asking him what was wrong over and over again, all he cared about was the fact Hoseok was really dead.

"HOSEOK!" he screamed into the air, Taehyung and Jimin tearing up. They had just finished speaking with Songhee, she explained to them everything. "Please come back, i'm sorry-i-i'm so sorry!" he ranted, tears running down his cheeks in heaps. They had no intention to stop. "I l-love you! I love you so much and i'm sorry I couldn't say it then. Hoseok please, please, don't leave me!"

Taehyung had to look away, he couldn't bare to watch one of his best friends break in front of him.

While Jimin crouched down in the grass, and held Yoongi tightly in his arms despite how much the elder hated it. He didn't want to come to terms with the fact Hoseok is really dead. None of them cared that Yoongi was practically screaming in the middle of a park, they were in pain.

Yoongi pushed Jimin off of him and punched the grass aggressively, screaming over and over again, 'Why him?' 'He didn't deserve this!' 'I want him back!'. Jimin tried to stop him but he couldn't, Yoongi would rather feel physical pain then the emotional turmoil that was trying to eat him alive.

"He's gone," Yoongi breathed out, no cut appearing on his body. But that only made him begin sobbing all over again, "Hoseok's gone..."

Yoongi couldn't fight the emotional pain that over took him, his body falling unconscious on the wet grass.

<><><>

Instead of partying with the rest of his class, all of them celebrating their graduation, Yoongi found himself at the funeral of the love of his life. Sobbing people all around him.

Hayoon, Jay, Dawon, and the twins, were all crying as the priest said his words. SeokJin's boyfriend, Kan, was hugging him tightly to his side as Jin sobbed on his shoulder. Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung were standing beside Yoongi, all holding in their tears. NamJoon was with Soyeon and Jeongyeon, all three of them taking deep breaths to keep themselves from sobbing like everyone else.